Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was cruising down the freeway late at night and a white newer vw r32 comes flying by me nice sounding exhaust. so i catch up i was just cruising and we start playing cat and mouse just dicking around then we got to a long strech of highway nooone around started at like 70 ish he honks 3 times i wasnt expecting it down shift to 3rd and floor it he already got the jump but im right there with him and slowly creep past him we shut down at about 140 ish i was ahead once i got into boost and creep past time not by much though hahaa

we dicked around for alil while longer till we caught up to a couple more cars and stoped suprised i was able to pull him even if it wasnt by much hahaha

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sounds like fun, 140 damm that is fast. Is your car stock, that is pretty impressive you were able to pull on a VW R32 considering they have more torque at a mcuh lower RPM.

I try not to street race, but if someone tempts me I might play.

I was coming home from work the other day and some dude in a 95ish eclipse GSX tried to race me. I was driving in the other lane past him and he looks at me and nods. I slow down to his spped but it in 2nd and nods back. He floors it and I follow suit. I pulled him by 2 cars initially, Then I missed third and I still kept my 2 car advantage up to about 80.

·
Registered
81 Posts
lol nice. Nothin' wrong with playin' if no one is around and is away from neighborhoods or where people usually walk and hang out. Hey we drive wrx's, some one is bound to wanna try us. We just gotta do it safely. ;D My car is stock and pulls on stock older wrx(02,04,06) all the time.

·
Registered
0 Posts
thats the thing abt non asian racers... its a nice little competition. Here when we race you get dirty stares and shit and you dun get nods and honks. You get someone riding up your ass and pushing you to go.. :(

·
Registered
0 Posts
was cruising down the freeway late at night and a white newer vw r32 comes flying by me nice sounding exhaust. so i catch up i was just cruising and we start playing cat and mouse just dicking around then we got to a long strech of highway nooone around started at like 70 ish he honks 3 times i wasnt expecting it down shift to 3rd and floor it he already got the jump but im right there with him and slowly creep past him we shut down at about 140 ish i was ahead once i got into boost and creep past time not by much though hahaa

we dicked around for alil while longer till we caught up to a couple more cars and stoped suprised i was able to pull him even if it wasnt by much hahaha
are you on a STI or WRX? running stock?

·
Registered
0 Posts
thats the thing abt non asian racers... its a nice little competition. Here when we race you get dirty stares and shit and you dun get nods and honks. You get someone riding up your ass and pushing you to go.. :(
LOL hey I'm asian :eek: :'(
hahaha makes the 2 of us.. but seriously from where i m.. it aint much of a fun thing. I remembered when i was i melbourne, the guys there would chit chat with you if they remember your ride.. i remember one guy came over to me at the fuel station and started chatting about my car and what i did..

I couldnt even remember i pulled away from him about a month ago.. ahahah...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Haha, Melbourne. When I was there about 9 years ago, the Holden HSVs and TickFords were the rage. But these Aussie Muscle cars were very heavy and had bad handling, and were constantly being smoked by moderately modded WRXs and skylines.

Nevertheless, I liked their design a lot. Just couldn't afford them. So what car did you drive there?

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
i was on my way home last night from work and had one of those nissan mini vans try to mess with me. I looked in the back seat, saw kids so i backed off. There aint no way in hell i would race anyone with youngins in the back seats. But on a side note that tool bag should be shot for trying that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts