Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i am new to subies and i was wondering how the 2.5 t's respond to nitrous. mainly, how much have people run, where do they place the nozzle, where do they tap for fuel. the basics i guess.

any help or comments would be great.

thanks

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
50 shot stock safe
75shot stock and a 1 step colder plug safe
100shot 1 step colder plug max.

Nozzle inside the intake pipe as close to the TB as possible. Tap the fuel right after the fuel filter.

A good kit should supply you with the nozzle combos. Good choice running wet system btw. The dry kits put unneeded stress on the sensors and give less power due to the distance of the nozzle from the TB.

These are the setups we typically run.
Hope this helps you as a starting point.

·
Registered
0 Posts
50 shot stock safe
75shot stock and a 1 step colder plug safe
100shot 1 step colder plug max.

Nozzle inside the intake pipe as close to the TB as possible. Tap the fuel right after the fuel filter.

A good kit should supply you with the nozzle combos. Good choice running wet system btw. The dry kits put unneeded stress on the sensors and give less power due to the distance of the nozzle from the TB.

These are the setups we typically run.
Hope this helps you as a starting point.
WE???!??!?!!? are you running nitrous?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
WE???!??!?!!? are you running nitrous?
I have forced induction already so no. However, started tuning early 90s I owned a tuning shop all the way till 2004, worked in conjunction with various manufacturers till 2007 ( still do on occassion). So you can say I have a bit of a background in the industry and in driving/building race vehicles. This was the basic setup we(as a company) generally ran on 4 cylinder engines, including H-4s.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Where or how did you think I got all my insider and background info on my other posts? ;)

·
Registered
0 Posts
hahahahah i was starting to wonder where you got them from.... :D

great job anyways...

BTW force induction = turbo? if not what does it mean?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

great job anyways...

Forced induction includes nitrous, supercharger, and turbocharger. It refers to any means by which air can be forced into the engine for more power rather than just letting it suck air in naturally.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts

great job anyways...

Forced induction includes nitrous, supercharger, and turbocharger. It refers to any means by which air can be forced into the engine for more power rather than just letting it suck air in naturally.
I could be wrong, but isnt a N/A car with n2o still under the N/A tree of life?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

great job anyways...

I could be wrong, but isnt a N/A car with n2o still under the N/A tree of life?
Only if you aren't squeezing. Having a nitrous system in itself is forced induction. It forces a nitogen/oxygen mix into the TB, more so that it could have naturally gotten through normal means.

·
Registered
0 Posts
since we're on the topic of NOS, is it true that running NOS will shorten engine life prematurely, even if used sparingly?

coz my elementary understanding of NOS is that Nitrous burns more strongly than oxygen, as a result, produces more powerful reaction in the combustion chamber, thus driving the pistons more strongly beyond recommended limits, thus giving u more HP.

Note that in Singapore, where I'm at, NOS is highly illegal, you're not even allowed to install it, let alone use it. :(

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
NOS is the company, n02 is nitrusoxide.... just fyi

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
since we're on the topic of NOS, is it true that running NOS will shorten engine life prematurely, even if used sparingly?

coz my elementary understanding of NOS is that Nitrous burns more strongly than oxygen, as a result, produces more powerful reaction in the combustion chamber, thus driving the pistons more strongly beyond recommended limits, thus giving u more HP.

Note that in Singapore, where I'm at, NOS is highly illegal, you're not even allowed to install it, let alone use it. :(
Yes, nitrous can shorten the life, assuming that the combustion levels are beyond that of the normal operating capacities of the internal parts of the engine. However, this can also be said of turbocharged cars in relation to increasing boost levels past stock or in boosting in general. Forced induction in itself works in the way you described but as long as you are working within normal limits the engine should still not prematurely fail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts