Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 2022 WRX came off the lot with an STI Performance Muffler installed. While I love the look of the tail pipes, I find it too noisy while I am driving. There is another option available for my car called an Exhaust Finisher which looks exactly like the STI Performance Muffler tail pipes. Please forgive my ignorance about car mechanics but, does anyone know if there is a way to make my car less noisy? Can some thing be done to the STI Performance Muffler to make it quieter or can the STI Performance Muffler just be replaced by the Exhaust Finisher? Or does this involve a much bigger job?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My new 2022 WRX came off the lot with an STI Performance Muffler installed. While I love the look of the tail pipes, I find it too noisy while I am driving. There is another option available for my car called an Exhaust Finisher which looks exactly like the STI Performance Muffler tail pipes. Please forgive my ignorance about car mechanics but, does anyone know if there is a way to make my car less noisy? Can some thing be done to the STI Performance Muffler to make it quieter or can the STI Performance Muffler just be replaced by the Exhaust Finisher? Or does this involve a much bigger job?
The exhaust finisher is just a silver trim piece on the bumper. It has no effect on the sound. You could replace the exhaust with the stock version. If you’re not mechanically inclined a muffler shop or the dealership could do it for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was hoping something could be done just to make the muffler less noisy without replacing the whole thing. But I guess that's the way to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks. I was hoping something could be done just to make the muffler less noisy without replacing the whole thing. But I guess that's the way to go.
You don’t have to replace the whole system. Just the mufflers. It’s not too tough of a job. If you look on YouTube I believe there are some videos that would give you an idea of what is involved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts