Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a nod kit for my 08 wrx just wanted to know if my car can handle a 75 shot if not I'll just stick with the 50 shot can anyone help me with this

·
Registered
752 Posts
I just bought a nod kit for my 08 wrx just wanted to know if my car can handle a 75 shot if not I'll just stick with the 50 shot can anyone help me with this
i think you are crazy. A tune would be safer.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
This is really the wrong forum for that sort of modding. If you want to be educated about functional modding that won't totally mangle your car, this is the place. If you want to learn about hyped up cheap power that will probably hurt your engine reliability significantly, might wanna check out NASIOC. Sure the up front cost of nitrous kits is pretty low, but when you factor in the cost of the damage/shortened engine life you will likely see as a result (at least in relation to smarter modding), it becomes a much more expensive proposition.

Also, NOS stands for Nitrous Oxide Systems, which one company that makes nitrous stuff. It is not an abbreviation for nitrous oxide. Thanks F&F.

·
Registered
752 Posts
a 50 shot really isn't going to make much of a difference. It's not going to throw you back in your seat. You should really reconsider putting that kit on.
I'm going to guess that you are into drag racing? I am. There are a few other options that will be safer. You can up the boost a little bit and use water/meth injection. The cooler air charge will minimize the loss of power at higher RPMs due to heat soak. Combined with a little more boost and it will probably be better than a 50 shot. That's what i would do.

You AFR should be ok, the FPR is 1:1 and the added water/meth also acts as a higher octane fuel.

what are your current mods??

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Yeah, when you come down to it nitrous is something that cars that are already built to the hilt to begin with play with to get more power...

Not a beginners step...

Be careful that stuff can screw you royally if not used/installed correctly...

·
Registered
988 Posts
I say don't do it. If you want you could always use it as a intercooler spray on the outside.

·
Registered
176 Posts
DANGER TO MANIFOLD!

*slams the lid of his laptop closed*

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Just to bring it back to you. a 50 wet shot would be "safe" for the WRX. However, at this point, you will either use this or get a tune, not both as it will bring to much stress to the engine. The 50 shot will be good for about 30whp + 60tq which would be what you would get with a nice tune.
Where do you plan on mounting the nozzle? Are you going to be using a plate kit or plumbing into the short line of the turbo to IC pipe?
If I were you, I would go with a plate kit, it tends to be more effective to run this route for consistent flow rates to each cylinder.

This being said, I would have gone with a tune. If you insist on using the nitrous I hope this information is useful to you.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Well put TougeMonster.. +1

tune is the way to go at this point for you and in most peoples minds it will give you great power gains and set a base for future modding adventures..however it is you car and you get to do with it what you will.. that being said happy modding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts