Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 10k on the WRX and the driver's side all season floor mat is worn throuh on on the right foot. Any one else have this issue?

New mats I ordered

Here are the new mats installed.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to give the dealer a call and see how long are they in warranty for.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have 8K on my wrx, my all season floor mats are still ok, i have the stock floor mats under the all seasons, but last month i took the all season floor mats out to clean and saw there was a hole on the stock carpet i guess from the all seasons rubbing the stock mats. I've had the all seasons in the car since day one.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll take pics of the floor mat.

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
Re: Not only is the paint paper thin, the all season floor mats are cheap rubber

I would have to agree that the all weather mats are Garbage, have 7k on the ticket and have had mats In for about 4k. My foot went through them about 2k ago. But I do wear work boots, so that might have something to do with it.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Agreed I even got some of the older floor mats to see if they were better and they were not.. I have a few sets though.. my buddy owns a detail shop and when he does dealers cars before they sell them they tell him to take the after market stuff if he wants it.. as for the bumber paint he said most cars have thin paint on all bumpers and side skirts which is why he does not use the buffer on them he had buffs them..

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wear sneakers and planning to get some atfer market contour hit mats.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Mine are ok...but I have about 150 miles on mine :D

Can't wait to see if these are covered...

joneSi

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Just get the ones for the 2g they are better.. I had my 3g ones for maybe 1000 miles and I have had the 2 g ones for about 14XXX the only thing is the drivers side one dose not line up to the holes but it has not been a problem for me..

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
remove the razor blades from your shoes. I'll probably end up getting some weathertek ones. it's just so easy to ruin floor mats with a manual, though I've never heard of a decent mat being worn through in a couple thousand miles. must be totally garbage, though it should also have a warranty. even if it doesn't, subaru should get a few angry phone calls.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
remove the razor blades from your shoes. I'll probably end up getting some weathertek ones. it's just so easy to ruin floor mats with a manual, though I've never heard of a decent mat being worn through in a couple thousand miles. must be totally garbage, though it should also have a warranty. even if it doesn't, subaru should get a few angry phone calls.
Only good ones I've had were my matrix mats, but they were THICK. REALLY thick. But they looked dumb, lol.

joneSi

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I have 8K on my wrx, my all season floor mats are still ok, i have the stock floor mats under the all seasons, but last month i took the all season floor mats out to clean and saw there was a hole on the stock carpet i guess from the all seasons rubbing the stock mats. I've had the all seasons in the car since day one.
do NOT put the normal carpet mats under the A/S floor mats, this is a safety hazard as the pins that hold them in place are not made to hold TWO floor mats... one could slip under the pedals

it even says on the rubber floor mats "REMOVE CARPET FLOOR MATS BEFORE INSTALLING. DO NOT INSTALL ON TOP OF CARPET FLOOR MATS."

that being said, my driver's side all-season floor mat is worn through under my gas AND brake pedals... :( I doubt they're any cheaper than ones you get at AutoZone or whatever... I mean think of how many times you rub your feet on them. combine that with water/dirt etc... it's like sandpaper. they're bound to wear out --- just be glad we have floor mats and aren't wearing through the carpet underneath.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Re: Not only is the paint paper thin, the all season floor mats are cheap rubber

^^^^^

Yeah. Don't use both on the driver side, anyway. On the rest I have them doubled up, under the driver just the all season mat. That is a really good way to get stuff caught under the gas and or brake pedal...either would spell disaster.

joneSi

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I'm gonna be ordering a set of those. They are really nice. I've just been tracking way too much mud and snow into my car this year.

·
Registered
402 Posts
my clutch foot has a hole in the mat from my heel. >.< ive had my car for 6k it went thru at mebbe 5k

1 - 20 of 43 Posts