Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, here is my other potential problem that I would like to get some feedback on. I have been driving old cars since the beginning and this 08 wrx is my first brand new car. Most of the time going into first and second gear is a little rough at times...its not smooth as i would expect from a brand new car. Anybody have the same issues? I test drove a wrx here in Canada and felt the same, a little rough in first and second so I'm wondering if its just the way it is? Also i was twice in a situation where I could not punch in reverse. I tried a couple of times and with some patience and some extra pressure it popped in, but again, i don't think it should be that way. Anybody with similar issues?
THanks for any help.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Second should not be a problem. Subarus have a hstory of not wnating to go into first if there is any forward movement at all. If is is cold, finding first is also a historical problem. Might want to stop by the dealership and have them look so if it keeps developing you have a history with them on it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i have had a similar issue with putting it in reverse from time to time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Subarus have a hstory of not wnating to go into first if there is any forward movement at all. If is is cold, finding first is also a historical problem.
I love it when I'm starting at an incline from a stop (in N), and it won't go into gear with cars behind me. That "crunch" feeling into 1st is great for the car, I'm sure. :p

·
Registered
519 Posts
As far as the first second thing definitely take to the dealer. For the reverse thing when it won't go into reverse, put into first gear then back to reverse seems to work well for me having the same issue. WRX is not the only car I had this issue with.

Seth

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
First gear is alway really hard to put it when its cold (which is since 2 month)
it seem easier to go from second to first than any other gear to first
once the car warm up it really better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts