Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site is dead. So in an attempt to help bring it back to life I'm going to start a nice oh dam my 111k high mileage 09 wrx sedan needs some work thread

I bought it at 69k with clutch issues...go figure. Broken welds, feels like the pressure plate binds...bolted the welds and got used to the binding

Recently flashed to stage 1 and the clutch slips when doing data logs (wot 3rd gear starting at 2500) but doesn't if starting in second and going to third..m love the power difference and how smooth it pulls. Need stage 2 asap

My air fuel ratio sensor died on me halfway on move across country, fixed it last night after about 2 months

My turbo inlet collapsed on itself on the turbo side and the car runs very lean in open loop

And found oil mixed in with the coolant in the reservoir and upper fill tank...not a ton but going to do an oil change and see what the oil looks like sometime soon

And eventually get a compression/leakdown test

SO that's it so far...
I am looking for a perrin inlet if anyone has ine available although I do not know when I will have funds as I just started a new job and waiting on my first paycheck. We were jobless for over a month and accumulated a good amount of debt

Feel free to post in this as well

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Glad someone is doing this!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

video I posted on IG and clubwrx as well. theres never any smoke coming out of the tailpipes after the car has heated up at idle so im thinking its not the heads. still gonna get a compression and leakdown test done as well. but it shows black/gray smoke, so oil burning and only at throttle. so im leaning more towards bad turbo seals and would be the reason for all the diarrhea in my coolant

anyone have an idea of how much a compression/leakdown test cost?

also I had my thermostat/water pump replaced with the timing belt so im sure Subaru put the coolant additive in...this isn't it right?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On a better note guys, came across some information regarding the brown gunk could be the subaru coolant conditioner.. better known as stop leak
Still don't like my coolant being green though. Also found saying they're interchangeable but have to follow the 30K interval

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
someone wanna check over my logs real quick?
quick background...since I flashed to stage 1 the car has been running good and the logs looked fine. after filling up the tank in arizonas special blend of 91 octane yesterday I wanted to go out today and do a log...noticed my dam was dropping. car ran with very little boost...8 lbs, wastegate pressure?
reflashed the tune and did another log...overshot my boost target by more than 2 lbs even with the LWG, still hits over 18 lbs

after the second log it wouldn't go over 8 lbs boost and DAM dropped to 0. when yesterday it was steady at 1
no check engine light though.
I do have a torn inlet but again the car was running fine until today
im thinking its bad fuel (gives me a good reason to go e85) the station is always busy and quik trip so thought it should have been ok.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F1go-wXqzHbCcYW33LAYMVJD-0aoKKzeQLnryKtoYyk/edit#gid=1330672914

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XZqIo_C1XW49ReTeyHkodumDXjQhmtTWnLsvj3mxweE/edit

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Assuming it is bad gas at the least, I would advise ever going to a quik trip for fuel unless a dire emergency and even then I'd only run a little bit until I find a shell. Even if it was 91 and they didn't jip me making me pay for premium but gave me regular instead; my car ran like crap
But my DAM is now back to 1, so it shows that as long as you stay easy on the throttle don't race the car, eventually the ecu will re learn
Just for the hell of it i wanted to see where in the rpm the DAM drops and it's not up until WOT above 5k mid range it jumped to 1
Then normal driving learned it's way up to 1

So end result assuming this is fuel related (which I'm more certain now it is) be careful where your filling up. Some cars do not like certain brands it seems

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update finally

Ordered exedy stage 1 clutch kit and an oem flywheel from our friends at oakos,
Kartboy front and rear endlinks, and carpet mats for our g35

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More update

It's been a ride...not the car, I still haven't been able to drive it since the accident really. It finally went to the body shop two weeks after the accident, spent a week at the body shop, go to pick it up and the car looks amazing. The shop does some seriously great work. They got my wheel bearing replwced and alignment done as well
However during that week someone roasted the clutch out so bad there was no bite left at all. Any inclines the car wouldn't go up....no shuddering when I pump the clutch while in gear....parking brake up and in gear without stalling, someone literally destroyed the clutch.
5 days later I get it towed to ESTuned who so far are both awesome. Haven't met Evan personally yet but I've been talking to him and he seems really chill and nice, Richard is doing the clutch now and I've got complete faith in him and his judgement, another really good guy. I feel bad for him though because pretty much every bolt has broken in the process so far, and I need 2 lower control arms. I guess the spindles broke trying to separate them from the steering knuckle. The control arm bushings were shot so they were on my to do list....just weren't top of the list until now

So as it stands I'll find out more on monday, they're going to look at junk yards for parts...hopefully those bushings aren't shot. I'll probably see how much they'll cost with my discount from subaru
Sounds like I'll still be without the car this week at least...parts are collecting dust

Got my oem intercooler from another site which has me worried because there's some oil seepage around the end tanks so I'm a bit worried it'll leak boost. If it does Mayne it'll give me enough time to fix the threads in my currently installed one

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2100 bucks and a month later she's back, and feels like a completely new car

Played with some vinyl I ordered from jdmfanaticvinyls

Front and rear emblem overlays, black metallic background with world rally blue stars

Grill pin stripe flat metallic blue. Matches the stars very well, pictures make it look darker but it's very close in person

Center top sti Wong gloss black

Rear chrome trim delete in gloss black

uploadfromtaptalk1425605895791.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1425605912452.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1425605942838.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1425605957635.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
looking good!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Perfect day to day to install my new beatrush pitch stop and 22mm rear sway bar and endlinks. Also got my hood scoop painted black.

uploadfromtaptalk1427326801719.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427326824529.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427326838701.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427326852095.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1427326884135.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts