Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you! But i'm loving my new gear shifter!
I haven't had a chance to install the short shift kit which came as well..
I'll post up the difference of it if there is any... The Knob is good because now I can palm the knob over the top instead of holding like a snake round the throat?
It's not as tall either so its nicer to shift because you can get the palms involved.

Not much but its my first mod! (excuse the crappy 3.2 mp phone shots...!

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the same shift knob and love it. The one thing I don't like about it, the finish on the top is already looking bad. I have had the shift knob for about 3 months.

·
Registered
646 Posts
the momo oem knob is nice. i wanted to get that one but ended up getting a black prodrive

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got the short shift Kit installed on my rex and its really good. I love the new feel.
It makes the whole experience so much better with those oh-so-short throws. :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
nice mod Dude Just Ordered this one

I'll post pics later, still looks really nice how shorter is it?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice mod Dude Just Ordered this one

I'll post pics later, still looks really nice how shorter is it?
Hey thats a nice choice man- the Sti one has a nice look to it i think.

As for the short shift, it really works atreat.. its advertised as 30% less throw, but honestly it feels like half cause theres no more over excertion.
Awesome little mod, have to get it with that knob cause I reckon changes the shifting all together

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Imagine with a Short shifter 15HP for the knob * 30 (everybody knowsd that a SS multiply the hp gain from the knob by the percentage it reduces the shift throw) it's way out there can't wait

·
Registered
3,417 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Nice one saw it but The STI one got my heart at first look ;)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
guys is this MOMO Race Airleather Aluminum Shift Knob.
Is this the same one you guys have?

They have a universal knob, and also a subaru specific version. The subaru version is basically that knob, except that it is threaded and has a lip so that the shift boot will snap into it. The momo knob that you pictured probably uses a set screw to attach like most other universal momo knobs, and doesn't include the lip to attach the subaru boots. Make sure you order the subaru one as the universal ones don't attach nearly as securely, and won't look nearly as nice.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
guys is this MOMO Race Airleather Aluminum Shift Knob.
Is this the same one you guys have?

They have a universal knob, and also a subaru specific version. The subaru version is basically that knob, except that it is threaded and has a lip so that the shift boot will snap into it. The momo knob that you pictured probably uses a set screw to attach like most other universal momo knobs, and doesn't include the lip to attach the subaru boots. Make sure you order the subaru one as the universal ones don't attach nearly as securely, and won't look nearly as nice.
Yeah I got the subaru one, it actually says MOMO - with subaru written beneath it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went with the Subaru STi short shift 5 speed one. Its really nice and tight feeling.. almost like its heavily gated now or something. Crispy and short!
Recommend it 100%.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I went with the Subaru STi short shift 5 speed one. Its really nice and tight feeling.. almost like its heavily gated now or something. Crispy and short!
Recommend it 100%.
I have been contemplating installing the Sti short shifter. I tried the Perrin one, but my complaint was that although the throws were reduced significantly(which is a good thing), the effort required to engage the gear has increased quite a lot, add to that, I have an old wrist injury.

However, i was told that the Sti shifter is a whole assembly replacement, rather than just an adapter, so there shouldn't be any added effort to shifting. Care to share if there's any truth to that?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts