Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stepped up to an 08 STI Spec R. Ex Subaru management car. Very low Km. Lots of goodies - Satnav, Recaro Seats, front lip, STI mats, stainless exhaust surrounds etc. Huge saving off new (+ free servicings for three years!). Already looking at mild exhaust mods and having it pro-tuned. Very happy with the trade, as the STI has so much potential.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol why is everyone saying "welcome aboard" to him, he's been here longer than most of us lol

BUT, that's a damn sexy car, and ever sexier deal...Even though I kind of liked how are wrx's were almost identical
Yes I have been driving a 3GWRX for quite some time and would have likely upgraded to a STI even without the 09 turning up (The STIs were not out when I purchased my WRX). After mods it was a good car, but I could not go any further without upgrading the rest of the car and it was basically cheaper to just buy a STI. Drove a 06 STI and it was just too raw for a DD (and to me the interior looked old compared to the 08). Picture of my old car:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
those seats are reason enought to own that car! :eek:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Oh man that thing in red looks incredible!! Congrats.
So clean and nice looking.. mind telling me what you got for trade in? Are we talking reasonable amount? I was thinking about it as well to to be honest, because I have just spent over $2300 on the exhaust alone.. done rims.. thinking of getting the wing.. boost controller/haltech computer and top mount.. unless this turns out reasonable? Also who do you recommend for the sale? Lindfield was awful...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So clean and nice looking.. mind telling me what you got for trade in? Are we talking reasonable amount? I was thinking about it as well to to be honest, because I have just spent over 00 on the exhaust alone.. done rims.. thinking of getting the wing.. boost controller/haltech computer and top mount.. unless this turns out reasonable? Also who do you recommend for the sale? Lindfield was awful...
Wow $2300 for the exhaust! Turbo XS fitted a very nice TBE 3 inch SS system to mine for $1400. I will PM you the details of the deal later, as I am just about to head off to work.

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Haha I was posting in self intro then saw this in the new post section, didn't realize it was members ride...

Or that he had 150 some posts for a newbie :D

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Dammit I would so rather have those seats than what I have in the car right now :mad:

Awesome ride though :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
So clean and nice looking.. mind telling me what you got for trade in? Are we talking reasonable amount? I was thinking about it as well to to be honest, because I have just spent over 00 on the exhaust alone.. done rims.. thinking of getting the wing.. boost controller/haltech computer and top mount.. unless this turns out reasonable? Also who do you recommend for the sale? Lindfield was awful...
Wow 00 for the exhaust! Turbo XS fitted a very nice TBE 3 inch SS system to mine for 00. I will PM you the details of the deal later, as I am just about to head off to work.
Sounds good to me! Much appreciated.
As for the exhaust, i was going to get one for 1200, but it's not quite as nice as what i got:). It's fully street legal with all the cats of the stocker, but done in high flow, and its loud enough without annoying anyone too much. It's also finished in that kitchen-grade, slightly dark grey metal that looks great compared to the lesser fake chrome look. It's a hi-tech exhaust from sydney city, they also do the dealer exhaust upgrades..
Sorta like comparing wrx and sti i guess. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As for the exhaust, i was going to get one for 1200, but it's not quite as nice as what i got:). It's fully street legal with all the cats of the stocker, but done in high flow, and its loud enough without annoying anyone too much. It's also finished in that kitchen-grade, slightly dark grey metal that looks great compared to the lesser fake chrome look. It's a hi-tech exhaust from sydney city, they also do the dealer exhaust upgrades..
[/quote]PM sent, have you had the car tuned/dynoed with the Hitech exhaust? KW gains?

·
Registered
417 Posts
PM sent, have you had the car tuned/dynoed with the Hitech exhaust? KW gains?
[/quote]

Not yet.. but the guy reckons on the WRX stocka you get about 16kw's @wheels which is great on 4WD, or about 25 engine KW's. I'd expect with the lovely turbo your Sti has, maybe 20-25KW's @wheels.. and mate check out the post I had about the HiTech exhausts for the sound... I have posted the STi and Rexy Vid's. They sound SO clean and real nice... Mines been on now for about 800km's and is really sounding good.

When I got it it was a bit raspy (but not tinny suprisingly).. and I liked it.
Now it's bedded in a bit and has that rexy sound with revs.. but does not drone in the slightest and still sounds horn when under wide open throttle.

It's a bit wierd though becuase when I first got the exhaust, i noticed the sound and a "little" power... but now its bedded in you can really feel it. Maybe the ECU takes a bit.. but its for sure with my car.

As for definitive gains.. I am having a power run before and after I get my intercooler this friday.. will tell you what i get then..

Did I mention the red thing looks WILD! Nice job mate I absolutely love it.

Now for some gains on friday...!

·
Registered
988 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts