Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the oem fog light from ebay for $200 bucks and installed in 20 mins, i love this car more and more. It was a plug and play install. disconnect battery remove the plastic around the steering wheel cover 4 screws total, remove light assembly 2 screws plug new one in do reverse, open fuse box place new fuse in bottom right coner. go outside take out thr 9 screws for the bumber, pop out the old filler place lamp in put the 3 screws on each side plug the wire thats already there in and put bumper back on. pics to come

bov was just as easy take out the 2 scrrews the hose clamp, put the new one on, the only part had any trouble with was the hose to recirculate was tuough to get on the new bov.
pics to come

·
Registered
519 Posts
So the ebay lights came with the factory switch too? I saw the connectors for the fog lights when I had the bumper loose for the grille. Was thinking about installing fogs myself.

Seth

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
the fog are nice especialy since they are 9006 bulb you can put whatever you want in, i but hyper yellow 2500k bulb in mine

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

heres the pics as promised

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought the same thing. so i just put cold air. I could be very wrong though

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks good. I am thinking of installing OEM fog lights myself. Good to hear that it is a pretty easy install.

·
Registered
223 Posts
So the ebay lights came with the factory switch too? I saw the connectors for the fog lights when I had the bumper loose for the grille. Was thinking about installing fogs myself.

Seth
I have a base-model 08 WRX and I had my fog lights installed later on. The OEM fog light kit comes with a new headlight/turn signal stalk that allows you to turn the fog lights on and off - just as if the car originally came with them when you get the Premium Package. Also, the instrument cluster will indicate whether the fog lights are on or off (obviously the headlights have to be on to turn on the fog lights).

·
Registered
42 Posts
kit came with good directions but some of it isnt clear. hope this helps... you dont have to take the whole dash off to put fuse in just put it in from underneath. you can see the silver heads of the 3 screws in the pics...

might have to take metal braket off by removing clip from wiring harness, and removing three screws

dont have to take whole bumper off, just splash guards and work from underneath..

love the fogs, yellow bulbs from candlepower are cool looking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts