Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if some or all 08 STI parts will fit on the 08 WRXs without any modificaitons?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
dont know yet, the car is not even for sales yet

Im definitly getting the big hatch spoiler as soon as i can find one and the mirror with integrated signal
I really want to get the red intake also

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm very sure the Short shift(i'm already on sti short shift), the body kit and several cosmetic applications can be adapted.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I think getting the Intake manifold would be great, but make sure that you get the TGV deletes as well or there is not point in doing it. Also, you will have to get the car retuned if you change the manifold.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I think getting the Intake manifold would be great, but make sure that you get the TGV deletes as well or there is not point in doing it. Also, you will have to get the car retuned if you change the manifold.
When i will play around there i will do quite a bunch of other stuff at the same time that will worth a good tune

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
STI sales start in January Ithink. I should have waited and just bought one of them..but I am impatient

·
Registered
35 Posts
for the cost difference from a STI over the WRX you can tune the WRX up to run as fast... its just a WRX with some better parts.. all the same systems electronically i beleve

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Yes... But to effectively do what they did, would cost you probably more then just purchasing the STI.... It has a few adds that would cost a lot to do to the WRX.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i was thinking about getting the STI front bumper. The front fenders are cool, but they would definitely draw unneeded attention.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I was thinking of the front bumper too, but I am not sure whether it would fit on the WRX, cause of the wide front fenders on the STI.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i see.

i might just roll with no bumper then. that might be the next fad. 8)

·
Registered
752 Posts
i can see myself doing that, because whenever i get a FMIC i will be too lazy to put it back on.

·
Registered
752 Posts
it looks good to me.
i figure if you are satisfied with the CBE and we haven't had an issue with the CAI, the FMIC should be good too.

i might end up going with UR if no other companies have any for sale when i want to buy one. ::cough:: Perrin ::cough:: gt30r ::cough::

ouch... my lung.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Wonder if it would be possible to put the dual exhaust that the STI has on our WRX. I've always been a fan of the dual and now that the STI has one, I may consider figuring out how to run one. The front bumper, rear spoiler, and possible the shifter trim. Although I am not a fan of having the STI placement in a WRX :(

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
STI front bumper will require putting on the wide body fender in front, dont forget that...

·
Registered
125 Posts
since there's no oem parts for wrx thread, i didnt know where to put this and would really appreciate the help

anyways, im about to order the rear diffuser(never came with the car) and i noticed that it comes with a color choice.. why is that?? subarugenuineparts btw

also, when i went to the dealership to get my first oilchange while i was waiting i decided to check out the other wrxs' and would look if any of them had a rear diffuser and non of them did.. and im thinking surely one of them must have them but still couldnt find one with one.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts