Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been researching and trying to gather info about 08+ WRX to STi widebody conversion for a while and finally found some nice info..

Rear Quarter Panel

Rear Door

Front Fenders

Fuel Door

as for the front/rear bumper, sideskirts.. I'm looking to go aftermarket.. for more info/pricing on OEM parts.. visit here.. https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

Cost

Rear Quarter Panel $439.16 x 2 = $878.32
Rear Door $376.94 x 2 = $753.88
Front Fenders $175.64 x 2 = $351.28
Fuel Door $20.24

Total $1983.48

I work at a high end bodyshop.. hopefully I'd get good discounts and make this project happen in the near future. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be using aftermarket kit, won't be using stock ones.. :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
wow great find. I've been looking for a body kit.

but i suspect what your are looking at is the direct fender replacement for the STI. i suspect lots of structure modification needs to be donw on a WRX to fit this.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
3000$ for a complete NON-install STi body kit, plus you still need the wing and the grill (add another 600$)

so 3600$... you should just have bought a STi directly... not worth it if you ask me

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow great find. I've been looking for a body kit.

but i suspect what your are looking at is the direct fender replacement for the STI. i suspect lots of structure modification needs to be donw on a WRX to fit this.
I'm aware of the chassis difference between the STi and the WRX. The original rear fender skin needs to be cut.. and be replaced with the new STI wide fender which will be welded to the chassis.

I've been discussing with the bodyman at work.. Cost of labour and parts is high, but I already have damage on my front fender and rear door.. so I'm just fixing my car up in a way.. lol.. hopefully I'll get a good employee discount from work.. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just hit a deer and have the body shop replace your stuff with STI parts. Its an easy low cost way to upgrade your current ride. Your insurance also wont penilize you because its a deer in the road, not your fault. You can also find a shop that will wave the deductable. My insurance only allows 3 deer per 5 year streach.

P.S I live in deer country.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Just hit a deer and have the body shop replace your stuff with STI parts. Its an easy low cost way to upgrade your current ride. Your insurance also wont penilize you because its a deer in the road, not your fault. You can also find a shop that will wave the deductable. My insurance only allows 3 deer per 5 year streach.

P.S I live in deer country.
hit a few deer, a few on each side.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i was thinking the same hehe..... you will need at least 5 deers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Some people loose control and put it in the brush once the hit a deer. Camera phones are a great way to document your wildlife encounter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts