Subaru WRX Forums banner

281 - 300 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Havent stopped playing bf3 since the game released. Not to include the shitastic servers. Game is soo much fun

Sent from my spaceship from the far side of the universe

·
Registered
372 Posts
The game review from gamestop will reveal a lot too, its gonna be so tight!
In a sense its Fallout of the medieval times, but completely revamped now. (Also made by they same company, they are very close)

Brian, is a steering wheel worth the cost? Honestly?
I would say yes. I always hated how imprecise my thumb was on the analog thumb stick. I could never hold a smooth line on a turn and as games become more like seems that starts to be a really problem. With games like need for speed control pad is fine but, in more sim like games it's a fine line between a slight 4 wheel drift and sliding out of control. I pick up th Logitech DriveFX wheel pretty cheap($80) and I really enjoy the feeback in the wheel and it help your feel what's going on with the car. Not only do you feel bumps in the road and from other cars you feel the front wheel lose traction. Like when your car slide out of control when you brake too late and turn the steering gets really light because the front wheels have no trackion. Also, each car feels different. My LGT steering is pretty light and close to what my car really feels like. But, when I drive the '71 mid engine and no power steering Pantera the steering is very heavy at low steer and gets lighter the faster you go. When you come into a corner and use engine brake to load the front tires the steering get have and starts to lighten if you lose traction. With that feel you can adjust slight to keep the car under control.

I would say I enjoy the game more and I feel more immersed in the game because I'm getting close to the same feel I would get if I drive a real car. I have it setup on my 82" so everything is life size, the sound is amazing, I run it through my 7.2 home theater so I hear everything around me and you can really hear them coming from behind( the game supports Dolby Digital EX so it uses the side and rear channels), and I got the kinect sorted out so head tracking really works well( it lets you look into corners and a bit to the sides when you move your head like when you really drive). I just can't feel the g-forces. ;)

I still don't think I will got balls to the wall and spend $300 to $500 on a Fanatec setup beause that is way too much for just one game. I tried the Need for Speed Run demo with the wheel and it was awful the wheel was too heavy and made it to slow to play games like that. I heard dirt 3 works wheel with wheels so I may pick that up used. But, I think it was well worth the $80 I paid for it on ebay (plus the $40 for the stand I built) and adds to my enjoyment of the game. I hope that helped.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Damn you guys are influential! Im gonna have to pick up forza now. I read what you guys said about the steering wheels and im thinking about that too.. is it as good as y'all say?! Hahaha if the shifter is legit too.. Imma have to rob a bank

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Didnt know it was only $80! Imma get on that, Im a big fan of logitech.
How does it feed back in the steeping wheel? Vibration? tension?

subject-youll love it, its hella dope.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Didnt know it was only ! Imma get on that, Im a big fan of logitech.
How does it feed back in the steeping wheel? Vibration? tension?

subject-youll love it, its hella dope.
Vibration and tension in the steering wheel. It took a minute to figure out what a steeping wheel was. LOL

·
Registered
165 Posts
Oops, this should work now. ;D
[video=youtube;GiWX8X9sFy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiWX8X9sFy0#ws]Skyrim - Live Action Trailer [HD 1080P][/video]

·
Registered
372 Posts
Random but anyone interested in skyrim? few more weeks. btw killer setup.
Thanks, I must have been to busy. Because I keep hearing people talking about "Skyrim" and I don't even know what it is. The way people keep talking about I will have to do some research. Do you have any good links to find out more about Skyrim ?
Honestly your best friend is YouTube on this one. Lol if you like rpg games or not its a game worth checking out because of the amount of detail in the game. Anyone who likes gaming will find any of the elder scrolls series which skyrim is the newest installment from the producers who made fallout quite spectacular. Probably the biggest game being released for the next few years personal opinion.
I'm going to have to pass on this. I just don't have the time to invest in a RPG. I got my job, wife, 2 kids, I help them with their homework, both of them play sports, I coach one of the teams, etc... I would never get to play it and the gaps between playing it would be so big that I would forget what I had already done. LOL

281 - 300 of 332 Posts