Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the lowest offset we can run? I want to run 18 x 7.5's with +35 offset....Someone help me out!

And how will the TPMS unit pick up the aftermarket TPMS's...?

Thanks in advance!

-Hasan ;D

·
Registered
646 Posts
alot of hardcore suby owners will say in the 40s is better, but its really what u can fit under ur fender. i know alot of ppl are running low 30's and they look great, sit almost completely flush with the fender, u possibly may rub if lowered alot but i think it will be fine, make sure u post pics if u do cause i wanna do the same thing or just a 18x8.5 down the road

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have tried 18 x 8.5, there is rub. but on the 18 x 8, none. Rub usually occurs on the rear side. offset is at least 40.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
What is the offset of the factory wheel?

joneSi

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
So a 48mm offset will be fine? No damage to anything?

joneSi

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah our oem wheels are +55, im looking at getting 235/40/18-8 with +45 off set, any one running similar or thoughts on fittment? I hadnt thought of the wheel bearings wear.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah our oem wheels are +55, im looking at getting 235/40/18-8 with +45 off set, any one running similar or thoughts on fittment? I hadnt thought of the wheel bearings wear.
You'll be fine on a 18x8 with a +45 offset. For a 8" wide wheel the proper offset is within 43-47 IIRC. You should be fine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks Jotun, i,ll give em a go ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I mean of course in regards to the wheel bearings. You shouldn't rub, assuming you're not drastically dropped. I can't be 100% certain though.

As for the wheel bearings though, yeah you should be fine for that offset :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well how about the rota g-forces in 18x8.5 +48 Running 235/40-18's? Oh, also I'm lowered on the spt springs
You SHOULD be ok. You might have to roll the fenders (maybe only in the rear).

A user on NASIOC "Nelly" has an 08 WRX and is running 235/40R18's on 18x8's, on Cobb springs. IIRC he said he had slight rubbing in the rear after he put the new wheels/tires on, but before the springs, only when the rear suspension was really loaded (people riding in the back/lots of cargo)

When he put the Cobbs on, he had to roll the rears. I think he got away with clearing the front fenders by adding negative camber.

Since your drop with the SPT springs is less than the Cobbs you might get away with a slight roll.

Shouldn't be too difficult ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts