Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well, they aren't mine... just borrowing them for a little bit :)

they are 17x7 Flik Hornet's with 35 offset and BFG Drag Radials.

oh i got my windows tinted too. lol. about time huh?

my stock rims are getting a little "face lift"...

here is a preview...

·
Registered
359 Posts
as usual you hit a home run OGB. You still looking at getting those Motegi Traklites ?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i really want the Traklites. But the clutch/flywheel kit had to take priority, it will be here Thursday. And my car will be back to 100% by Saturday. after the clutch is broken in and i help put back together an SRT-4 tranny(again), my friend and i will finally be able to settle the much anticipated race...

Garret 50trim SRT-4 with direct port meth on M&H Slicks vs Green'd and Meth'd WRX with new and improved stock rims and lightweight flywheel

we have been trash talking (for fun) for 2 weeks now and decided to make it a big money race... winner gets $5 and gets to claim the "Fastest 4 Banger" title :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
what are the odds this "clash of the Titans" event will be caught on tape ?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i will probably have my OEM painted darker as well for next winter.. sine now im having 18" for summer

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Those wheels painted yet?

I'm itching to do something to mine but I wanna see yours first :p

I'm wondering what looks good with DGM. I think probably silver but that's boring b/c they are already silver...

Black obviously is a good choice but I was also throwing around the idea of white. Might be a little boy-racer though.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those wheels painted yet?
i have only had time to do 2 of them. i have pics and will get them posted as soon as is get off of work.
i am going to start the other 2 today. should be done by saturday night at the latest, along with dropping/reinstalling the tranny :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, i forgot to post pics...

and then there is this beast of a CRX...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
+1.. They look F#$%n SICK!!! What brand paint did you use?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
duplicolor at AutoZone.
1200 degree stuff.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not too shabby. What engine is that in the crx ?
its a non VTEC B18 that we are taking out. Putting in an LS VTEC motor.
In that picture i put an SRT-4 valve cover on top of the motor and then placed the Garrett 50 trim to make it look legit.
totally fake :)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
So it's the duplicolor engine paint?

I bought some cans of the wheel coating but it's matte black. I plan to put clear on it for protection so I'm wondering what kind of finish it will have in the end.

Your car looks sick I can't wait to paint my wheels now.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So it's the duplicolor engine paint?

I bought some cans of the wheel coating but it's matte black. I plan to put clear on it for protection so I'm wondering what kind of finish it will have in the end.

Your car looks sick I can't wait to paint my wheels now.
yep, engine paint.

the paint i used is matte/flat black. i will leave them like that, no glossy finish. So if the paint chips i can just go get the can and touch it up.

thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is that the stock tires on there? The profile looks much smaller than a 50. Looks awesome, too bad the stockers are so heavy. The traklites you want...are you thinking of the original 5 spoke, or the 2.0's??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts