Subaru WRX Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just a FYI for you guys, the one going to the turbo is not easy to change. According to Subaru's service manual, it wants you to remove the turbo to get it out. I've done it with out removing the turbo, but it does take some work.

As for the filters, Subaru is very goofy about this with dealerships. If we say we removed the filter under a warranty claim, SOA will kick it back and we will not paid for the job. They want us to replace the bolt/filter with a new one. If it was my car though, I would just remove the filter.
When I was working in the area I checked out the banjo bolt for the turbo oil line. From all that I know from experience as well as read, the bolts with filters have a little bump in the center of the top. The banjo bolts without filters do not have that bump. (I've bought both, first the bumpless/filterless one because the dealer was uninformed, then the correct one after I got a part number.)

So... when I checked my '11 WRX banjo bolt it did not have a bump. This leads me to believe it does not have a filter. However, I was not going to try removing it to verify it because of its inaccessable placement. I admire your ability.

I'm going to assume! that my new WRX does not have a filter there until someone actually proves conclusively there is. Meanwhile, proper oil and OCIs ease my doubt.

·
Registered
152 Posts
they're replacing the turbo and intercooler

they said it was starved of oil due to the little filters clogging

= exactly what I said a week ago...

I got a rental car:

Hey, I am having the same exact problem...
CEL light turned on 30 mins before my turbo started making weird noises.
It starved from oil.

The oil i had in the car was clean and full so it has to of been the oil lines clogging.

What did you tell the dealership?
I dont want them not taking my car in because i told them i was low on oil or something.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts