Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No offence to anyone but, been checking this site from time to time these days (donwgraded from every day) and I'm getting a little tired of seeing mostly just posts on mods, questions about mods, etc.

I am a little disappointed about how dead this section, "Street Encounters" is on this site - for me personally, I am interested in hearing about stuff that happens in the car, rather than about the car, if you know what I mean.

You know, stuff like "I took my girl up to Sommerset heights last weekend, and we tested out the back seat. The fabric is a little scratchy on the skin, but she said she didn't mind because I shouted for Burger King 2 days in a row".

Just kidding!

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Rest assured that I would monitor this section diligently....u have stories to share with us yet hehe? :D

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Uh... I killed some guy in an EVO X with his GF in the car. I didn't want to but I heard her say, "why don't you run him?" rev rev... I was like no way am I gonna get punked by this damn guy. She laughs, they take off. I give him a car length before I hit the gas 2nd gear and I catch up, look over, smile at girl, then gas away again. We hit light he's pissed she's pissed. Theres a low speed right hander up ahead S curve. He's on an inside corner I got out side. Again, I don't want to hard launch so he gets a car length. I line up at corner entry cuz he brakes like a wuss. We stay side by side in the corner but guess who has the next inside line in the S curve? Me! Yay! Pass! Hazards, game over!
I hear her talking "I thought this car was supposed to be faster? He has a wagon!" He says "I dunno" then Pulls over roll window, "car's pretty fast.. I got this car tuned too..." I was like (in my head) WTF? You must really drive like a sissy then. He says have you had another STi before? I say yes, an 05 he says "you must really notice a big difference in that car because I spank 04s-07s real bad." Once again I was like (WTF) There's an improvement but not to the extent he was saying. He goes on to say he had EVOs 8 9 and now 10 and 10 is a disappointment because its so slow. ::)
Girl looks at me and smiles. I wave :)
He says well gotta go. Notice I did not say a single word other than yes an 05. Just a bunch of thoughts in my head sighing and sighing.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Haha, paddleshifters FTL.

It sounds like that guy just sucks at driving....you shouldn't be able to blow him away that bad.
^^^ exactly what I was thinking and that he's a sissy especially when he told me he got a tune. :p

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've destroyed a evo X in my wrx, catless TB with a tune. They are VERY weak, though it would own me around a track.

·
Registered
209 Posts
hmm, living in the sheltered north... I have yet to see an evo driving around the streets here.
l've seen lambo's and ferarri's but no evos...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well I guess the question needs to be asked.... how big was his girlfriend? ;) If he likes 'em large, it might have made a difference. ;D

·
Registered
700 Posts
thought we werent supposed to post bout street racing? thats why i never do cuz i do this on the streets every weekend but dont post so not to affend people against street racing.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Alright aside from street racing, WHICH we've all done so stop crying lol....

How bout this, train tracks?

As in your friend believes that since you have shock absorbers he doesn't need to warn you about how the train crossing is really a jump that gives you two nice cracks on your lip and destroys your skid plate!!! Hah, thought so.

Though I can't stay mad at him it was hella fun, these things really do fly :)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
hmm, living in the sheltered north... I have yet to see an evo driving around the streets here.
l've seen lambo's and ferarri's but no evos...
"sheltered" north? Ferraris Lambos? Wow... but no EVOs... guess they know their what really matters in a car. ;D

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
thought we werent supposed to post bout street racing? thats why i never do cuz i do this on the streets every weekend but dont post so not to affend people against street racing.
no you are allowed to voice your stories, just be prepared to get flamed by the ones that don't street race.

·
Registered
209 Posts
"sheltered" north? Ferraris Lambos? Wow... but no EVOs... guess they know their what really matters in a car. ;D
ya, I live in a city where Oil is the major "business", so there are alot of rich douches ripping them around.
but winter is coming so I think they're all going to go into hiding again hehe

·
Registered
700 Posts
I've lightened up about street racing.

I can't change peoples' minds about it even if I wanted to.

If you do it, be careful, be smart, and don't get arrested.

That's all :)

ya for real. i've been doing this since i could drive. dunno if i'll ever truly stop. track just aint as fun for me. but i only do on the highway. and mostly late at night so if anything happens i or the other kid racin will be the only ones hurt.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Well, it doesnt have to do with my wrx but i got to drive my dads 04 bmw 760il a few times. WOW! Hands down fastest car Ive EVER been in. It had a 7.0L V12 that could get that monster of a car (5000+lbs) 0-60 in under 5 seconds. I absolutely SMOKED anything I wanted to race. Unfortunately they have a governor of 155 (as all cars must from the factory in the US). One time I got it to 145 going UPHILL and it was still accelerating when I let off the gas. I get to the top of the hill and BOOM! All of a sudden the car's flyng through the air. There was a bit of construction and I had jumped the car off one of those metal plates that was covering a good 6 inch high bump right at the crest of the hill. Needless to say I almost shit my pants flying through the air going at least 130mph in a $120K car. When we hit the ground I decided it was best to head home but the flat tire light came on. Turns out, the metal plate cracked the rim. Luckily it was out on a lease so it got fixed for free but my dad was PISSED. SO worth it though.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Well, it doesnt have to do with my wrx but i got to drive my dads 04 bmw 760il a few times. WOW! Hands down fastest car Ive EVER been in. It had a 7.0L V12 that could get that monster of a car (5000+lbs) 0-60 in under 5 seconds. I absolutely SMOKED anything I wanted to race. Unfortunately they have a governor of 155 (as all cars must from the factory in the US). One time I got it to 145 going UPHILL and it was still accelerating when I let off the gas. I get to the top of the hill and BOOM! All of a sudden the car's flyng through the air. There was a bit of construction and I had jumped the car off one of those metal plates that was covering a good 6 inch high bump right at the crest of the hill. Needless to say I almost shit my pants flying through the air going at least 130mph in a 0K car. When we hit the ground I decided it was best to head home but the flat tire light came on. Turns out, the metal plate cracked the rim. Luckily it was out on a lease so it got fixed for free but my dad was PISSED. SO worth it though.
Good story, and you were so lucky that you didn't roll the thing...at that speed you can roll almost any car.

Fate was smiling that day for you ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts