Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just joined this club, it's nice to have a 3rd Gen Impreza club.
I am getting tired to see stupid bashings on our cars like those on NASIOC.

Here are some pics of my car. :)

Just got the grille mailed in yesterday ;D, gonna put it on when it's warmer here. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
dint know you can order the STI grille without the STI emblem, that nice
i really the fact that theres lots of OEM grille for the oem, really make it more personal and dont look all the same

btw where those wheel come from ?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
the STI grille online is about 20-30 $ more than a regular sport grille, i paid 220$ for mine

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
the STI grille online is about 20-30 $ more than a regular sport grille, i paid 220$ for mine
Please provide a DIY write up on the grill install when you get around to it! ;D
i installed it like 2 month ago, but look there, its the manual that was coming with it, i did do it that way, since i have access to a lift i decided to scratch myself betwen the bumper and radioator ::)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dint know you can order the STI grille without the STI emblem, that nice
i really the fact that theres lots of OEM grille for the oem, really make it more personal and dont look all the same

btw where those wheel come from ?
I got the grille used from a STI owner. ;D He kept the STI emblem. But I was gonna take it off anyway.

The rims are 01 RS wheels. I use them for snow tires. I love those rims. They don't make 16"s like they used to anymore.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please provide a DIY write up on the grill install when you get around to it! ;D
I followed the instruction for installing the sports grille as seen here:
http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=437.0

After removing all the pins, it was a little tricky to pull the bumper off from the area where it joins the fender.
I used my knee to push against the bumper, and at certain angle it was easier to pull the bumper out from te fender, there are some tight clippings in there. Nothing was broken.

Aside from that it was fairly easy. And I didn't need to unplug the battery or the fog lights.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
u think i still prefer my sport grille cause it easier if you want to go badgeless

as for 16" OEM rims talk, i always liked my SVT OEM rims :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah sports grille has a "tuner" look and has more potential to be modified in different way.
I just want to have a factory/OEM look, but our OEM grille is not quite my cup of tea... ;D The STI grille fixed that.

Bigger is not necessarily better. Nowadays people are going for bigger and bigger rims, but 16" certainly has its advantage too.
My car feels noticeably quicker in the 16" (less rotation mass), and the thicker tires really help dealing with the winter pot holes and road debris.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes but it all depend on the condition of the road. There is no point in running "performance" when the road is full of holes, rocks, and slushy ice. And having thicker tire wall cushions those for better ride quality. Same reason why they don't run 18" on WR car in Greece.

When the weather gets better I'll sure put back on my 17" for the look and better handling.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
nice,
not much snow where you live :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts