Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, that's right my boy has started tunning up the 08's open source style. I'm currently running his stage 2 tune and loving every minute of it. We are located either in Queens or 45 min from queens up north by Woodbury Commons.

Tunes $150 per tune with road pulls to fine adjust the tune "closed private road".

I'm running 14 psi sold with a increased RPM range peaking at 17.2 psi. He says there is more power to be had but, I was reading on the legacygt.com forum and found our intercoolers are the same as theres and once your bossting over 18psi they leak. There are some guys on the forums that ran jb weld up and down the seams of the intercooler to prevent leaking but, I'm going to wait to choose either FMIC or TMIC.

So if anyone wants a OpenSource Tune Drop me a PM and I will set it up!

PM Me if intrested.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
good to know someone is close by. And $150 is reasonable.
Regarding the TMIC, folks over at LGT have the end tanks blow off even after the JB Weld. Perrin and AVO TMIC is really popular over there. I picked up a Perrin TMIC during the sale. Even if I dont boost to 18 in the future, I got it for longevity. Oh, I read that Cobb OTS stage 2 folks also have OE TMIC problems, and I believe thats only 16.X psi.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I LIVE 5 MINUTES FROM THE COMMONS lol

where are you guys at I wanna come check out the shop :)
No shop, we are just open source tunners. One of my good friends is a subaru tech and we usually hang out at his house and do the tunning. Also install all kinds of stuff.

If anyone is intrested just let me know and I will hook it up.

I'm still running my open source stage 2 tune and I love it. Only other tunes i have had before the open source tune is stage 2 perrin and stage 2 ralitek. Open source was the best one.

I dunno if you guys ever heard of SQC? Subaru Queens Club but, most of the guys we hang with are them and they come up this way or we go to queens on tuesday nights for the meets and tunning and alot of BS'n!

Open Source is the way of the future!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts