Subaru WRX Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Brian B, I have my Christmas shopping done for my family and friends, now I need to know what parts I need don't need to do this please...

Looks like I don't need to order cross bars, and you are using Yakima Control Tower & landing pads, of course the load warrior basket and whatever gear mounts I will use. Am I missing anything?
The Mountain where I buy my season pass has a promo with a rack shop where I can get 15% off snow rack equipment. I have to see how much grey area is in the "snow" verbiage. Looks like the 4 landing pads will cost as much as every other component.
Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yup!

You need the control towers and landing pads, load warrior basket, and my mounts. You can run the fairing that comes with the load warrior but my custom larger one is better looking, and quieter.

Figure roughly $75-$100 for my mounts and fairing. Remember, they're weld on mounts so you'll have some added cost there....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Project Hellaflush basket got underway for me today. On a whim today I decided to search craigslist for Yakima loadwarrior, and I grabbed one up for $180! This week I am going to repaint it, and get the control towers & landing pads.

Brian B I know you were more than generous to offer to make brackets before, and I appreciate that. I have a buddy here in LA with access to a CNC machine that can cut some for me. May I have your schematics if possible? I need to modify your design so that I do not lose the functionality of my sunroof tilt.

I still need a fairing though, 2 actually, one I can sticker bomb, and one to keep classy. My craigslist seller lost the original.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I still need these mounts if you are out there BrianB. My friend who had access to CNC machines got a new job and no longer has the freedom to do side projects. HELP ME BRIAN PLEASE Winter is coming and I need my basket out the garage and on my car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I still need these mounts if you are out there BrianB. My friend who had access to CNC machines got a new job and no longer has the freedom to do side projects. HELP ME BRIAN PLEASE Winter is coming and I need my basket out the garage and on my car.
x2 :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there. Did you experience any wind noise prior to adding the oversized fairing, or was that added just for looks? I have the Loadwarrior with stock fairing installed on some custom fabricated crossbars on my roof (I drive a Mazda3 sedan) and I get quite a bit of noise at highway speeds. The basket isn't quite as low as yours, but it does sit closer to the roof than it would on stock Yakima cross bars. I'm curious if an oversized fairing would be the route for me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man, just came across your post and wanted to ask how the setup worked out and if you could reproduce the setup? I really love the loadwarrior but hate how high it would sit with factory racks. I've got a silver 2013 WRX hatch and would absolutely love to get that same rack setup! Funny you posted about riding in Big Bear that's where I used to live.

Thanks for your time.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts