Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
18 x 8 Rota Tarmac 3 GunMetallic

or
18 x 8 Rota Tarmac 3 Hyper Black

oh i was also checking this in black

on a DGM Sedan?

do you guys have any rim options or ideas for me ?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Indifferent. Don't really like the spoke design. Prefer flush to the lip or inside as a deepdish. That one is kind of strange to me and looks to compromise durability. I think the 04 STi rims in Gold would rock on that car though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Either would look very similar, I'd probably go with gunmetal.

I have jet-black wheels on my DGM and it looks nice, but it's not for everyone.
hm do you have a pic of your car?
or a link

how do you think those rims would look though?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I think the rims would look good, but I wouldn't get them in that color personally as it is too close to the color of your car, but it wouldn't be the same color so it would look funny. I would probably go with a lighter grey, or even a black with that color. Those wheels tend to look really nice on these cars though, but it will look funny till you lower it. I remember someone else had them on a base sedan and it looked weird till it was lowered.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I vote dark bronze!

I'm thinking about those wheels (key word being 'thinking' since I can't afford them) for my OBP sedan but possibly in a dark gray.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am probably getting a set of these in hyper black for my black hatch. I have seen them on a black car and they look good. I am not too fond of the gun metal ones.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Either would look very similar, I'd probably go with gunmetal.

I have jet-black wheels on my DGM and it looks nice, but it's not for everyone.
hm do you have a pic of your car?
or a link

how do you think those rims would look though?
Here's a pic. These are prodrives that are powdercoated gloss black. Pic was taken prior to STI pinks being installed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the rims would look good, but I wouldn't get them in that color personally as it is too close to the color of your car, but it wouldn't be the same color so it would look funny. I would probably go with a lighter grey, or even a black with that color. Those wheels tend to look really nice on these cars though, but it will look funny till you lower it. I remember someone else had them on a base sedan and it looked weird till it was lowered.
really?
man. it's so hard deciding what to get.
any ideas?

I am probably getting a set of these in hyper black for my black hatch. I have seen them on a black car and they look good. I am not too fond of the gun metal ones.
hmm..
what color rims would go good with
DGM?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
really?
man. it's so hard deciding what to get.
any ideas?

hmm..
what color rims would go good with
DGM?
Well, that's my opinion anyway. I think of it kind of like wearing tan pants, and a very slightly lighter tan shirt, or something like that. Yah, so that's a lame analogy, but same idea. Basically, just something to give it more contrast than gun-metallic. I'm partial to greyscale colors, so if it were my car I would go with steel grey, or something a little bit lighter like that. I believe that's a color they offer that wheel in. You also can't go wrong with black, like rallyshark showed us. It looks good on pretty much any color, even if that color is black.

I am also about to buy a set of wheels and I'm trying to find something that would look good on a number of colors. I'd prefer a set of anacranite colored prodrives as they are crazy durable, but I may settle for a set of OZ Ultraleggeras in a graphite color, or a set of Enkei RPF1's in black if I can't find the prodrives.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, that's my opinion anyway. I think of it kind of like wearing tan pants, and a very slightly lighter tan shirt, or something like that. Yah, so that's a lame analogy, but same idea. Basically, just something to give it more contrast than gun-metallic. I'm partial to greyscale colors, so if it were my car I would go with steel grey, or something a little bit lighter like that. I believe that's a color they offer that wheel in. You also can't go wrong with black, like rallyshark showed us. It looks good on pretty much any color, even if that color is black.

I am also about to buy a set of wheels and I'm trying to find something that would look good on a number of colors. I'd prefer a set of anacranite colored prodrives as they are crazy durable, but I may settle for a set of OZ Ultraleggeras in a graphite color, or a set of Enkei RPF1's in black if I can't find the prodrives.
im also checking out the ultraleggera, in black
how do you think that would look?
im not good at photoshop
and i have a really bad imagination haha

and what color rims would do good?
im going for the darker colors?
i dont want silver or anything

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Where did you get your prodrives? I can't find any.
Hmm, i thought they were easier to find, but upon closer inspection, I can't find any either!

I bought mine a few years ago and they have migrated from one impreza to another and eventually ending up on my current one

I heard that prodrive closed its doors in the US, but I didn't think that it would include wheels as well. The vendor I bought from a couple years ago for $222 per wheel no longer sells them (www.rallysportdirect.com) maybe you can import wheels from japan or the UK?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Where did you get your prodrives? I can't find any.
Hmm, i thought they were easier to find, but upon closer inspection, I can't find any either!

I bought mine a few years ago and they have migrated from one impreza to another and eventually ending up on my current one

I heard that prodrive closed its doors in the US, but I didn't think that it would include wheels as well. The vendor I bought from a couple years ago for 2 per wheel no longer sells them (www.rallysportdirect.com) maybe you can import wheels from japan or the UK?
I was thinking about doing that, though I'll have to look into it. $222 is dirt cheap though, especially for a strong wheel like that.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts

im not good at photoshop

You know, I'm not really sure. I really like the ultraleggeras, but I'm worried about them being too busy looking to look right on a base model. They look really good on the premium hatch though. Colorwise I think it would work though. I will try to do a couple of photoshops on sunday to see if I can turn out any somewhat real looking pics of the ultraleggera on a base model (no aero kit).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

im not good at photoshop

You know, I'm not really sure. I really like the ultraleggeras, but I'm worried about them being too busy looking to look right on a base model. They look really good on the premium hatch though. Colorwise I think it would work though. I will try to do a couple of photoshops on sunday to see if I can turn out any somewhat real looking pics of the ultraleggera on a base model (no aero kit).

hmm do you think you can photoshop a ultraleggera matt black on my car?
it its not too much of a hassle

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I suck at photoshop, but I'll give it a shot, though it'll have to wait till tomorrow night. Post a profile pic of your car. I think we're in the same boat regarding these wheels though. I just want to see if the spoke pattern will go ok with the base model mainly. I know that the tarmac 3's / p1's look great on the base model though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I suck at photoshop, but I'll give it a shot, though it'll have to wait till tomorrow night. Post a profile pic of your car. I think we're in the same boat regarding these wheels though. I just want to see if the spoke pattern will go ok with the base model mainly. I know that the tarmac 3's / p1's look great on the base model though.
oh its okay about the photoshop
i already got rims that i ordered ever since ago
and it never came in. so i decided to order another one.
but it just came in the other day
and now im obligated to buy it.
well i guess its okay,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts