Subaru WRX Forums banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I am both sorry and glad to hear that man.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nope,I have class but thats always optional....

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I am both sorry and glad to hear that man.
yea, well i'm happily employed right now, just looking to move back to the east coast to be closer to family as I begin to start my own. Thought I had a job lined up, was told I was going to be getting an offer, but it's been 3 weeks since I've heard from the guy, he's not returning calls/emails. I'm guessing at this point that something didn't go as planned. I still have some hope, but not much, not really sure how much I want to work for someone who can't respond to e-mails within 3 weeks.

Still searching, have some good prospects, also considering starting something up on my own.

I'm hoping some guys at this have a variety of catbacks... I've been dying to get some rumble, but want to hear before I buy.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
If all you want is rumble do a muffler delete. SOunds the same as the $600 cat backs I swear. First thing I ever did.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
well, i want something that's pretty tame, I imagine the muffler delete is relatively loud. I was hoping to pick up a used spt (either wrx or sti) at some point. I do a lot of highway driving, and will likely have kids within a year or so, no need for something crazy loud. I just want the car to sound as fast as it is, lol.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Its honestly not terrible, on par with the spt maybe slightly louder, check out the youtube videos

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you mean just unbolting the mufflers, it sounds ok.
It's actually not near loud enough.
My was fiancee was preggers at the time she made the comment,
"We could get one a little louder, it sounds good but it's too quiet."

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nope, you actually cut out the muffler and weld in a straight pipe, its a cheap mod that sounds legit if your on a budget. I did it before I got the savage mod bug.
Here is a video of one, though I ket the stock tip on mine it looks better and its cheaper that way.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
interesting... I assume you still have this exhaust dwhite? but you're probably at least stage 2, from the way you're talking. I'm still 100% oem as far as power is concerned, and will likely stay that way aside from an exhaust. (maybe stage 1 at some point)

where'd you get yours fabbed up? anywhere that might cut me a deal? I'm definitely looking to stay cheap, mostly because I want to supplement the wrx with a motorcycle soon.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I have it in my garage lol. Now Im 3" turboback into duals.
Are you from the couve? Then I know a place. If not I could probably just give you mine at the meet.
I will be going the route this summer as well... probably get an r6.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
dont get the SPT. i had it, its garbage. restrictive and doesnt sound all that great. pick up a used invidia q300 if you want something subtle, cheap, and relatively quiet

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
i looked into it and it seems around 4k the muffler delete starts to sound like crap. I'd give it a shot though... cheaper then any other exhaust, especially if I can get that one from dwhite, lol.

An R6 would be nice... I was thinking of going smaller because i have no motorcycle experience really. have my license but I got that on a 150cc scooter. i was originally thinking of getting a ninja 250r, but have recently been thinking of going up to a gs500r, or honda f4i or something like that... The mpg's of the 250r just seem so tempting, and I already have a go fast machine in the wrx.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I dont think it did on my car, but who knows I dont even remember anymore.

Thats why im not getting a gxr1000 or r1, dont need THAT much power. But the r6 im still getting 50+ mpg.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts