Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got cel. P0031 and p0037 codes on ap. Can't clear on ap. Read h02s heater control circut low. Need help. In car driving. Can't type long post. Afr stays at 14.7. Boost and car feel all normal.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
That is kinda weird. They are booth for oxygen sensor heater circuit low however one code is for the rear o2 and one is for the front. I say check them at an auto parts store to make sure they are right.
I say clear the codes and see if they come back. They should come back if there is a problem with both o2 sensors.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found the rear to have a frayed wire. Can't find the front one. Any idea where it is.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hit a bump on a turn and the wire on the back o2 sensor bounced up int to drive shaft and ripped the wires. I'm thinking the front one is fine tho.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I hit a bump on a turn and the wire on the back o2 sensor bounced up int to drive shaft and ripped the wires. I'm thinking the front one is fine tho.
Once again... wow.
Good luck on the fix. Hope the frayed wire is in an easily repaired area. Or does it look like you need to grab a new unit?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just ordered a new one today. Tried to solder it but that didn't work. 150 bucks from the dealer and it will be a few days till they get it in.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I put in the rear o2 sensor today and I'm still getting the same cel's. So I guess I'll take it to the dealership and have them try their hand at it. Unless anyone else has any ideas for me to try.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup. Went to the reset ECU option and clicked ok and reset ecu. shut car off for about 30 secs and had the long restart where the engine turned over wayyyy longer so i know the ECU reset. I'm just not wanting to go to the dealer cuz i have a TBE w/ catless dp and engine map. Wondering if they will try to refuse warantee service for that.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah i went under trouble shooting and there are two options ResetECU , and check codes. No clear codes option. Did the ResetECU. That should clear the codes but apparantly it isn't.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Time to check the front one also. As for the rear, it should have cleared if it was installed correctly. I would do a double check on both.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It should have cleared yes. Either I gotta check it again or it's a problem further up the line. I'm probably gonna swap in my stock downpipe and uninstall ap then take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone wanna elaborate on location of the o2 sensor or post up a pic cu I'm confused on which one it is.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
You know the big plastic piece going under the engine. Undo the clip inside the passenger side fender wall. It is right there. It has a yellow wrap around the wire. If you peel back the plastic you can't miss it. It is on the exhaust manifold collector before the uppipe.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok so I have fixed the problem.

There is a secret fuse panel under the glove box that subaru doesn't put in their owners manual. There are two fuses in that panel. One is for eg something or other and one is labeled o2 heater. And I found the o2 heater fuse was blown. Replaced fuse and codes cleared with ap. Very sneaky subaru very sneaky.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i have the same 2 codes and i checked the fuse under the glove box, fuse 15 heater was blown, i replaced it, and it blew instantly, anyone have any idea what this could be?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts