Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the dealership and they said the exhaust burned out o2 senor or somthing and they fixed it got down the block and same code came up and i just cant see my exhaust is doing this i have 7300mi on the car and i have had the exhaust on sence i had 800 mi on the car any help would be appreciated thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,474 Posts
Anyother mods to the car?
They might have done a Mickey Mouse job on the wiring also.
This problem is frequent with mods like up pipe down pipes etc when the wires get melted. I doubt the 02 sensor itself burned out as opposed to the wiring got screwed first.
Something might also have happened that moved the supporting bracket or anything else that moved it towards heat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
header uppipe but there wraped and they been in for at least 1500mi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,474 Posts
When they repaired it did they mention the condition of the wires? I doubt they rewired as oipposed to just chaning the sensor.
I think they were still toasted when you drove down the block and was not rewired. Then the 02 fried again that quickly because of the scrwed up wiring.
Also it doesnt take much time for the wires to be melted. I don't think you will have the same problem again if the wiring is completely redone and you personally make sure the wire stays away from hot spots.

Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the wires are good just checked i do have a ground wire thats not conected
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,474 Posts
Did connecting the wire work?
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top