Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had paint chip on their new 08? I recently noticed some small chips on my hood. I would think the clear coat should not have allowed chipping so soon ( had like 100 miles) ? I don't know if I should take to dealer or just buy touch up...I would think they would just use the touch up themselves.. any experiences or comments?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Yeah... They happen. I got one on my roof.... I saw this rock come out of no where and just slam right into my roof. I was pissed. Good thing it is just a little nick, but hey want to keep it nice for as long as possible right?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yeah... They happen. I got one on my roof.... I saw this rock come out of no where and just slam right into my roof. I was pissed. Good thing it is just a little nick, but hey want to keep it nice for as long as possible right?
well it hasn't happened to my current car, but my previous, 1 week into driving it, a rock came off the wheels of the car infront and came into my windscreen, only a small chip, but still its a new car.. Luckily i've got windscreen coverage.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks..now I dont feel so bad.. sucks when its a brand new car.

·
Registered
954 Posts
i have two identical chips on my driver side and passenger side a pillars on my brand new 08. i think its a subaru problem cause its pretty hard to get chips on the a pillars. im taking it back to the dealer to see if they are going to do anything about it

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My dealers service mgr basically said they would just touch it up, but not recommended for obvious reasons..stuck sucking it up.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Damn i just recieved a paint chip while driving past a grass cutter.... damn.... about 15cm below my right mirror...

·
Registered
954 Posts
im thinkin maybe they just applied the paint a little to thin on these cars :mad:

·
Registered
549 Posts
i wish i seen this thread sooner...

so anyways ...christmas morning i was heading up to vegas on a windy day. anybody who knows my area.... we get some pretty strong winds. so i hop on the freeway for not even 15 minutes yet and strong DUSTY wind hits my car! once i heard the little rocks and dust hitting my car i've already had the feeling im gonna get a bunch of chips. however, i didn't feel like stopping. i just figure shit aleady happen, move on. when i got to vegas and parked the car, got out, and look... i got like 1000 chips on my hood, front bumper, front windsheild, and driver side door and window.

the damage isn't really noticable if you are looking at the car from far away. while i am driving on a sunny day, i'll notice a bunch of tiny little chips on my windshield.

called the dealer the next day and the service manager said, warranty does not cover paint chips.....................

and oh yeah.. saw a 18 wheeler flip over that morning too.

·
Registered
421 Posts
i wish i seen this thread sooner...

so anyways ...christmas morning i was heading up to vegas on a windy day. anybody who knows my area.... we get some pretty strong winds. so i hop on the freeway for not even 15 minutes yet and strong DUSTY wind hits my car! once i heard the little rocks and dust hitting my car i've already had the feeling im gonna get a bunch of chips. however, i didn't feel like stopping. i just figure shit aleady happen, move on. when i got to vegas and parked the car, got out, and look... i got like 1000 chips on my hood, front bumper, front windsheild, and driver side door and window.

the damage isn't really noticable if you are looking at the car from far away. while i am driving on a sunny day, i'll notice a bunch of tiny little chips on my windshield.

called the dealer the next day and the service manager said, warranty does not cover paint chips.....................

and oh yeah.. saw a 18 wheeler flip over that morning too.
man.. the 18 wheeler is really scary.

And yes if paint chips were covered, the dealer would run out of paint. and money.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeah, the paint on these things is worse then my 12k Focus. ::) I now have about 40 chips on the hood and not much I can do about them since the bra won't work on the car. To late to put on a 3m invisible cover due to the dings...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts