Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gold or black?

I'm not sure if I should bother or not... but the silver just looks boring.

if I do go gold I'll get "emery gold" (kind of has a green tinge to it)

yes/no? would it just say "please give me speeding tickets?"

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
You might want to consider saving the time and money for new wheels. But, if I had to pick I would say black cause I don't think that gold goes with dark colors.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I like the idea of painting the wheels gold, just make sure to take your time on em cause I've seen some hack jobs before. Let us know how they come out

·
Registered
646 Posts
if i were you, i would do black. black on black is sex and with the stock wheels, it would look more aftermarket then gold. although that gold is really sick looking. i would def suggest the playing card method when painting them, just wedge a card between the tire and rim and line it all the way around. ive painted my rotas 3 diff colors and it turns out really good, just take ur time.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have black rims on a DGM WRX and nothing beats the color combo. I'd go with gold rims on a blue or white WRX.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i would say black, lets us know how it comes out !I might the same << lol

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
GOLD WHEELS!!!! or bronze...

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'd go with getting new bronze rims for summer, and paint the stockers for winter 8)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
hey that was plan, sick rottas for the summer, spring fall and some winter, but use the stockers for winter with snow tires for tahoe trips ;D

·
Registered
700 Posts
nice job primus. i was thinking bout painting my wheels blue because i wanna try something diff. but not sure how it would look. i painted my rims on ms paint and everyone that seen the pic liked it so i might give it a shot

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
nice job primus. i was thinking bout painting my wheels blue because i wanna try something diff. but not sure how it would look. i painted my rims on ms paint and everyone that seen the pic liked it so i might give it a shot
the good thing about painting your own rims, if you end up not likeing it, just sand it off and try a difrent color! ;D

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
DGM FTMFW ;D ;D ;D ;)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
R u guys painting the inside of the rim also or just the spokes?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Im doing the entire wheel, by the end of summer i hope to have new wheels so my painted stokers will be my snow/dirt wheels

1 - 20 of 47 Posts