Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painting letters and relocating "WRX" "pix posted"

so il pix posted when i get it done but i have a DGM ( found that out when i whent to get tuch up paint lol always thought it was an OBP ) well what im doing is i took off the "SUBARU" "IMPREZA" and "WRX" letters from the trunk and gona paint them red like my badges put the "subaru and the impreza" back on the trunk same spots and the WRX mount onto the grill il post pix when done

ok so here it is i think if i spent more time on it i could of gotin it to look beter but chek it out... i dont like the back 1 bit im gona take it off :) and keep it off

with the red

with no words i left it like this

front WRX does not look to bad :/

stock rims
stock rims

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Re: Painting letters and relocating "WRX"

try the transparent red they use for tail light painting. that way you'll keep the chrome effect. cover it with a few layers of clearcoat.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Re: Painting letters and relocating "WRX"

Maybe match it to body color with a different color outline on the edge? Might work out... anyways I'm interested to see how it turns!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Re: Painting letters and relocating "WRX" "pix posted"

wow, I think the front grille looks pretty freaking good. I'm definitely thinking of getting some more letters so I can do that to the front grille. Good job. Car looks good for having just painted a few things.

·
Registered
345 Posts

im feelin the wheels lower that ish tho

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

how did you get the front to stay?? sorry kinna clueless :)
i put the letters on a computer mat thin strong pice of plastic and used liquid adhesive it comes in like a lil tube that looks like a mini tooth past tube i put it on the back side of it and stuck it right intot he grill so it would wrap around the grill and stick on no problem

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

looks good but with what you're doing (time attack) I'd just lose the badges all together.

get an STi strip for the back so you can use the same emblem you have on the front

·
Registered
0 Posts

Unique..... Would be better with laquer coated over... Shiny shiny glossy look..

·
Registered
4,657 Posts

The more I look at it, the more I like it.

·
Registered
369 Posts

I definitely like it. I was thinking of doing something to replace the STi badge that came with my grill.

·
Registered
230 Posts

Very nice!!

·
Registered
717 Posts

looks pretty good. different.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts

Like Saturn said: if your going for the TA look. get rid of the badges all together.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts