Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I used to lurk on this site for a while but now I thought I'd post up. I purchased my 08 STi two years ago with 8k miles on it. My build has changed dramatically since then. At first I wanted just to go Stage 2 then upgrade the fuel system and put a new turbo on... Well now I'm planning an engine build next year ;D She currently is at 366 whp and 357lbs of torque.

Anyways here's when I first picked her up:

How she currently sits:

Here's the mod list:
Engine:
Agency Power Short Ram Intake
KSTech 73mm Cold Air Intake
Perrin Front Mount Intercooler
Perrin Turbo Inlet
Perrin Equal Length Headers -Wrapped
Grimmspeed Gaskets
Grimmspeed TGV Deletes
Grimmspeed 8mm Thermal Spacers
Grimmspeed Up-pipe
EBC
Blouch 2.5 XTR Polka Pickle
Invidia Downpipe
Invidia N1 Street
Walbro 255lph
Deatschwerks 1000cc Injectors
Cobb AP V2
Turbosmart Comp gate 40
Mishimoto Radiator
Grimmspeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

Engine Dressup
Mishimoto Hard Pipes
SPT Battery Tie down
KillerB Alternator Cover

Interior
3 Pod A- Pillar Gauge Pod
Prosport AFR, EGT, Boost Gauge

Suspension/Drivetrain:
BC BR Coilovers
Whiteline 22mm Adjustable Rear Swaybar with braces
Whiteline End links
Whiteline Roll Center Kit
Kartboy Short Throw Shifter and bushings
Whiteline Strut Tower Bar
Rota Boosts 18x9 +35 Offset

Exterior
JNA Front lip
Laminex Yellow Overlays
Rexspeed Carbon Fiber Exhaust Covers
Debadged
IAG Tail Light Overlays
2011 Front Bumper
HT Autos Front lip, skirts, and rear spat
HT Autos Sport Grille
Blacktop Aero Carbon Fiber Wing

Brakes
Grimmspeed Master Brace Support
Hawk HPS Brake Pads

Fluids
Motul 5w30
Motul Transmission/Differential fluids

Next mods will be a 2011 front bumper and a Black Top Aero spoiler. Thanks for the looking. Any comments appreciated.

*Update 9/10* Finished installing and painting exterior pieces. Picture on Page 3.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Papa Panda's 08 STi

Very nice and tastefully done!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Re: Papa Panda's 08 STi

Man up and go e-85

·
Registered
3,417 Posts

nice car! i would go e-85 if it were more available by me. closest station is 20 min away. its the only one im aware of.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

very clean sir, good turbo choice and that is a lot of progress over 2 years time keep up the good work
Thanks! I should have listened to my friends when they said once you start it's hard to stop. It was either the Blouch or a FP Green. I'm glad I went with the Blouch. I can't wait to see what it's really capable of lol

Very nice and tastefully done!
Thanks!

Mishimoto has hard radiator hoses? Hmmm, don't you want some flex in the system though? Unsure.
Yep. Right here. I haven't heard any cons of switching to hard pipes.

Man up and go e-85
I will be going to E85 after my engine build. I'm pretty happy right now lol

nice car! i would go e-85 if it were more available by me. closest station is 20 min away. its the only one im aware of.
Thanks! There's only one station in my town that has it but it isn't too far.

Looks great in person too.
Haha thanks Jumpy! Didn't know you were on here too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

2011 bumper has arrived. Waiting for the fog light covers to come in then I take it to get painted. Can't wait.

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts

Hey you choping the 1 inch of extra blocking the fmic opening on the bumper ?

Also the foglight covers can come prepainted so if I was you the bumper should get dropped off and make sure they come painted saves money on paint .

Also I think the inner fender liners maybe a little different just for a heads up .

Looks great .

Wrbftw

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Hey you choping the 1 inch of extra blocking the fmic opening on the bumper ?

Also the foglight covers can come prepainted so if I was you the bumper should get dropped off and make sure they come painted saves money on paint .

Also I think the inner fender liners maybe a little different just for a heads up .

Looks great .

Wrbftw
Yup plan on taking my time and making sure I don't mess it up like my last one.

I did not know they come prepainted :( Ones I got aren't. I heard you can have the 08 fender liners work just requires some tweaking. I go through fender liners like crazy so I don't plan on changing them just yet. Think my car is a little too low... Thanks for the input though!

·
Registered
302 Posts

In for pics of new bumper installed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I like it, really nice!
Thanks!

The car looks great man, i'm wondering what you think of the perrin front mount/equal length header combo?
So far I love them. No regrets. Installing the FMIC wasn't too bad and everything fits very well.

In for pics of new bumper installed.
Will do. It will be a little while longer since I was sent the 08-10 fog light covers :( Ordered the rights ones today so hopefully they will be here this week.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

**UPDATE (7/17) Just a quick update. As you can see I have everything just need to cut the bumper. Unfortunately my job is sending me to Hawaii for two weeks. I know it's such a bummer ;)

I also ordered the black side markers from a local shop here. They're thinking about doing a group buy so if you're interested let me know. I'll see what I can do. Again I won't be able to install for two weeks :(

·
Registered
42 Posts

those are amazing, if only they said something other than sti. lol :) love the car as well dude.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

nice mods. Love the look of a FMIC on a WRB GR
Thanks!

those are amazing, if only they said something other than sti. lol love the car as well dude.
Thanks! My buddy said the same thing. He wishes they had one that said WRX.

So I just got back from my trip and finished cutting the bumper and dropped it off yesterday to have it painted. Looking at the fog lights I'm not sure they're compatible. I read online some where they were. Anyone know for sure? If not I'm going to just go with the fog light deletes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Just a quick shot. I'll take better pics today after work hopefully. Finished yesterday but was too tired to do anything else lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts