Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I came back to work from my lunch break and right when i pull into the parking lot i notice a nice looking black Evo MR with a vacent parking space next to it. I normally would park next to my buddies STI or off in the corner away from everything. I chose this space next to the Evo because i believe that...

Subaru > Mitsubishi

and i couldn't resist showing off ;D

·
Registered
717 Posts
Showoff!!!
haha, jk, that's hillarious

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sometimes i see a Camaro that has a NX license plate cover and Euro/Altezza tail lights. I try to park next to it when i have the chance.
I will start takeing pictures, lol.

Does anyone else...

park next to Evo's/DSM's?
park far away in the corner?
next to other Subaru's?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I just park... Don't really have time to search out special parking. But, I do say hi to all the Subie owners, older gen.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
LOL...!! I drop my girl off at the front(mall,rei,target,ect.) then park in no mans land. Always give a little nod to other subie owners. 8)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i dont mind parking beside any thing... but i do try to park end of parking lane... so there is just somebody on 1 side... 50% less chance to get ding...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i dont mind parking beside any thing... but i do try to park end of parking lane... so there is just somebody on 1 side... 50% less chance to get ding...
Yeah... I try to do that to....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm a big fan of parking in no mans land. Isn't it kind of wierd that everyone absolutely HAS to park next to the brand new car even if there are 6 spaces open all the way around it?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I park as close to the pillar at the end of the parking lots (passenger side closer to the pillar that is....)

·
Registered
64 Posts
i ususally park away from all other cars unless there is a spot next to a STI or WRX.

i am usually that car that people are like look at the lonely one, what is that ? then drive by to take a look at lolz

·
Registered
100 Posts
I also usually park at the back, especially if it's a busy area. I find it's faster to go in and shop than searching for a spot near the front that can take forever. I really don't care who I park beside.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I try to find secluded, but safe places to park. If I can't do that, I try to park next to other "nice" sedans, in hope of their being conscience of others when opening their doors. I never park next to coupes. Their doors are longer and heavier, therefore more likely to hit the side of my car.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
yea but the problem is also that even if you park next to a nice car, he might drive off 5 min later and a bad driver can come take the spot

·
Registered
273 Posts
I try to 1 park next the, most expensive car i can find in the lot. or 2 next to my MRAP, lol, or just out in the middle of no where.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't even get me started on Parking positions! My girlfriend HATES how much time I spend looking fora good spot, and USED to bitch at me about the fact that I always parked at the back of any lot, until she read that it was a good health choice, like taking the stairs instead of an elevator.

I manage two cell phone stores, and ALL of my employees know that they are to fill any vacant spot next to my car, and are fully accustomed to me parking .5 inches away from them. IN FACT, you can see some evidence of it on Google Maps, Street View.

Notice the OVER the yellow line Parking job on my 2006 Mini Cooper S, parked next to one of my employee's cars!

Ryan

LINK:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=3019+n+clark+chicago+il&ie=UTF8&ll=41.939749,-87.647853&spn=0.011205,0.01708&z=16&om=1&layer=c&cbll=41.936825,-87.648131&cbp=1,392.42305996458844,,3,5.266328386554913

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
That is great. We can see your car. I still think that is a little creepy that they are doing that. Does anyone else think so?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Lol.. Nice pic. " Beware of the eye in the sky"

1 - 20 of 36 Posts