Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I just got my new Impreza 2.5 Sedan 2008 and i'm wondering what kind of parts i could find around yet?? I have about 4,500$ to put on the car.

I want to find a nice body kit, Headers, Cat-Back, Cold Air.

Anyone of you could help me to find a place where i could get them??

I'm also looking to change my suspension.... But i dont want to feel like to be in a boat... like i was in my sunfire 04 when i changed my coils / shocks.

Thanks a lot!

Mark

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Suspension wise:

They are selling STI pink springs on subarugenuineparts.com for like 70% off...you might consider those and they'll work with stock struts. \

Rallitek front and rear sways and endlinks could be good.

Perrin Postive steering response kit (anti-lift kit) might be good

Offerings for body kits, headers, catbacks, and cold-air intakes are still kinda limited for the 2.5 NA sedan. Do some google searching, but there's probably not too much.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i just installed a Front grill + a Front Lip, looks great with the JDM liscence plate. Now i'm wondering if i should drop my car or not.... How's the comfort with the Pink STI Coils from subarugenuineparts ?? Because i did drop my last car, a sunfire 2004, and the comfort was CRAPPP like hell... So i wonder if the comfort with the coils still the same like the OEM ones?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Ya i just installed a Front grill + a Front Lip, looks great with the JDM liscence plate. Now i'm wondering if i should drop my car or not.... How's the comfort with the Pink STI Coils from subarugenuineparts ?? Because i did drop my last car, a sunfire 2004, and the comfort was CRAPPP like hell... So i wonder if the comfort with the coils still the same like the OEM ones?

Thanks
The ride quality with the STI pinks is almost identical to the OEM springs, just less body roll. You might notice a little more stiffness or harsher ride..but I was personally unable to notice anything harsh at all about the ride after installing them. They are also minimal in drop, half an inch or so...so if you're looking for slamming your car to the pavement, these springs are not for you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks
The ride quality with the STI pinks is almost identical to the OEM springs, just less body roll. You might notice a little more stiffness or harsher ride..but I was personally unable to notice anything harsh at all about the ride after installing them. They are also minimal in drop, half an inch or so...so if you're looking for slamming your car to the pavement, these springs are not for you.
Naa I dont want to slam it down, because here we have a shit load of snow at winter, so i dont feel like to be immobilized on the road everyday..

So you mean that the coils are more stiff ? That's what i'm looking for... because there is a lot of body roll.

thanks for your help ! :)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Yep, they help eliminate body roll, there is still definitely body roll for me, but i have an "i" model which only has a 20mm front sway and no rear sway bar. I'll be getting front and rear endlinks and 22 front and 19 mm rear sways from rallitek eventually, this should make the body roll much more manageable.

I can definitely push slighter harder into corners with the SPT springs though. Sway bars should make an even bigger difference.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, they help eliminate body roll, there is still definitely body roll for me, but i have an "i" model which only has a 20mm front sway and no rear sway bar. I'll be getting front and rear endlinks and 22 front and 19 mm rear sways from rallitek eventually, this should make the body roll much more manageable.

I can definitely push slighter harder into corners with the SPT springs though. Sway bars should make an even bigger difference.

I installed the STI Pink Coils and it's a great upgrade right there. Almost no more Body Rolls, and it's a bit lowered. For 200$, it's worthed hehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts