Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, my names Tony and I'm an alcoholic...I mean...I'm an AWD addict!

Some of you may know me from Perth-WRX and some of you may not :p

Been a driver of a WRX for the last 3 years, started off with a OBP MY08 WRX hatch and recently upgraded to a 2010 MY11 WR Blue Sedan.
Managed to keep the car stock for about 6-8 weeks before the modding bug bit, a list of mods both present and future below with some before and after shots.

Cheers,
Tony.

Current Mods

Suspension:

22mm front sway bar (BSF39Z) & front sway bar links (KLC139)
22mm rear sway bar (BSR49XZ) & rear sway bar links (KLC166)
roll centre/bump steer kit (KCA313)
control arm supports (KBR14)
camber bolt kit (KCA414)
HSD HR coilovers

Cosmetic:
Rally Armor mud flaps
OEM Fog Light Covers (LH -57731FG320PG RH - 57731FG310PG)
Spoiler deleted and hi mount brake light installed

Engine/Mechanical:
Cusco brake stopper

Mods in Progress

more aggressive front grill
Ultrex front lip (will be installed next weekend)

Future Mods (as for when, no one knows :( )

AOS/catch can
grimmspeed BCS
cold air intake
butler built exhaust
walbro fuel pump
headers
STi tmic
verso or ecutek retune
boost gauge

4 point racing harness
advan Neova AD-08 tyres

upgraded rotors/calipers/pads

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2 hours after picking up the car.

Suspension mods completed.

Fog lights deleted.

Cusco brake stopper.

Debadged the boot, removed the spoiler and painted the rear garnish.

Will updates these photos once the front lip gets installed.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice ride - and these sound great too. I proudly arived at the dealership for a service in my beloved 09, then left, nearly in tears after seeing and hearing the 2011.

Welcome.

·
Registered
31 Posts
welcome mate :),

Sweet ride!!

took my 09 STI hatch in for service 2 weeks ago and almost traded it in for a 2011 white STI Sedan. If I wasnt going to europe in june for 11 weeks I would have deffinately signed on the dotted line ahahaha but then again I wouldnt have sold my gixxer either ahahaha. Good luck with the ride mate and enjoy it :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope to see more when you get it tuned!
Going to be waiting for quite a while before that happens Beau :p
Once the next lot of cosmetic mods are done the only thing left will be a new set of tyres and then the modding has to stop.

Might wait for the warranty to expire on the car before I think about any engine work, tempted to slam a built EJ207 in and wind up the boost :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome mate, lovely car!!

Just curious where you got your cusco brake stopper and whether you could take a pic!?

Could you feel the difference?

Cheers

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just curious where you got your cusco brake stopper and whether you could take a pic!?
It was obtained through a group buy on Perth-WRX.
If you want I can find out if there are any left suitable for your car (08 wrx?).

Updated 2nd post to include pictures of the brake stopper, forgive the dirty engine bay :p

Could you feel the difference?
You can feel a small difference when you come close to full travel on the brake pedal.
Brake pedal feels more solid than without it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey Soksta,

Love the ride height on the car and gotta love the updated guards. Really changes the look of the car. ;)

Welcome to 3GWRX, look forward to seeing some more of your ride!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Tony... good to see you made it :)
Pleasure to be here ;D

Had a nice message sent to me this afternoon, my replacement boot (de-badaged & de-spoilered) is pretty much ready to go.
Just waiting for the high mount brake light to come in and I'll be able to pick it up and get it installed on the car!

Teaser picture attached :D

Also have a front lip from Ultrex waiting to be installed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New boot & high mount brake light installed!

Updated second post with new pictures :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Time for an update!

Got around to installing the STI rear spoiler onto the oem boot and swapped it back on.
Tried an experiment for a couple of months where I had blocked off the right muffler at the flange just after the rear diff, made such a huge change to noise/drone inside the cabin that I decided to get the Y pipe removed and had a custom diff back exhaust muffler installed.
Result have been great!
Nice boxer growl that isn't overly loud inside the cabin, but still noticeable and drones considerably less inside the cabin now.
Only downside is the lack of a muffler on the rear of the car, but function > form 8)

Managed to get in on a group buy for a set of Gtworx suspension kit (Bilstein struts and Yellow Race Comp Engineering lowering springs), these should arrive sometime in May and will be getting installed ASAP!

Depending on how things go later on in the year, I might be tempted to get a downpipe, new BCS, new fuel pump, retune and possibly a new better flowing TMIC (STI would be nice, PW looks nice as well).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have found it to be louder than stock on idle, much louder than stock on WOT and fairly quiet when cruising, but you can still hear it and it isn't over powering.
Best bit so far would be the improvement to the cabin noises, more so the lack of.
Had the sister and her fiance in the back seat a couple of weeks back and we were able to have a conversation while driving without the drone or cabin noise overpowering us.

Will be uploading a clip hopefully in the next week or two, will keep you posted.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some updates!

Recently had a couple of parcels delivered from Rally Sport Direct in the US.

• [li]Whiteline Rear Diff Positive Power Kit[/li]
    [li]Whiteline Gearbox Positive Shift Kit[/li]
    [li]Kartboy Front Shifter Bushing[/li]
    [li]Kartboy Rear Shifter Bushing[/li]
    [li]STI Group N Transmission Mount[/li]
    [li]STI Group N Pitch Stop Mount[/li]
    [li]STI Group N Right Side Engine Mount[/li]
    [li]STI Group N Left Side Engine Mount[/li]
    [li]Kartboy front end link[/li]
    [li]Kartboy rear end link[/li]
Unfortunately the group buy for the GTWorx RCE/Bilstein setup failed to eventuate and was cancelled.
I will be organising another group buy towards the end of the year, most likely around or just before the christmas period, we do have enough participants for this, but I will extend the offer to any one here who is interested.

Most likely won't see any mods for a while once the suspension is all sorted out, I do have my eyes on some nice light weight 18x8.5 rims and tyres, but I'll have to wait it out and see how I go first.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts