Subaru WRX Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nice work mate.. where will you be buying tyres from ?

My current set of 235/45R17 AD08's came from Demon Tweeks in the UK.
Paid just under $1000 AUD for 4 tyres delivered to my door.

Will be looking at getting another set from them, albeit in a 255/40R17 size to accomodate the 17x9 wheels that I'm looking at.
Comparisons between them, Tirerack and the usual local tyre shops be be undertaken when the time comes.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Our sponsors TyrePower in Melbourne seem great locally, and I have heard good things about Tirerack.com also.

Very cheap, not much good if they get the order wrong as shipping back would be a nightmare but cant argue with the price. In Sydney, some 19 inch Dunlop Sport Maxx GT's (235/35/19) cost $652 each from a particular vendor.. compared to about $1600 delivered from the states. As long as you can fit and balance them your good to go. I also hate the shame in getting them fitted by a place when you bought them somewhere else.. but if we are talking $1000..

On the other hand Tempe Tyres quoted $500 per tire, and that was with current within the year production dates (freshly manufactured tires).

I just wish I had to replace my 14s off my old Pulsar! haha would cost about $200 for the lot.. But then I would have to drive around the mighty pulsar instead :)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts