Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...anybody with a Pearl white sedan that has a front bumper discoloration compared to the rest of the body. Mine is getting quite noticeably darker....not looking too good!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the pearl sedan. I haven't noticed any color change. It has been winter here so the sun hasn't beat on it.

Seth

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have winter here too and i only had the car for two weeks now...here is how it looks, and it looks worse in the sun

Attachments

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
shit man, so far i hope you havent bought a lemon with all the problem you seem to have... are you protected by anti-lemon warranty even if it was accros the border ? i know in canada we are cover for that

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the pearl white and have noticed just the slightest bit of difference, but that's normal between the plastic and metal parts. However, it is nothing like that!! I'll keep an eye on my own.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Its inevitable that white changes color... usually a quick polish will fix the problem. But in all honesty, you can't do it everyday.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can definitely see the discoloration. The front bumper may have been replaced. Have you gone back to the dealer with your other problems yet?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im dropping the car off on monday at a local dealer here in canada to check the exhaust...its fine now but it went loud on me a few days ago again when we had another snow dump...the gear thing im taking for normal behavior...its a bit better when it warms up, and the dealer (obviously) said that the reverse thing happens sometimes and is normal and like other people mentioned here, he said to punch it into first and then reverse again. if major repair needs to be done to the exhaust ill just drive the car back to buffalo and address the bumper and fogging...either way ill be talking to the buffalo dealer on monday about whatever the diagnosis is for the exhaust and ill be letting them know about the bumper...ill keep u guys updated...thanks for all the feedback so far, i really appreciate it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have the pearl white, and i have the same problem. its from certain angles the make it really noticeable. i am gonna wait for summer, then file a complaint if others have it. maybe then they will do something about it

i was looking on ALLDATA and the have a Technical Service Bulletin for the gas door not being flush with the body, and i guess Subaru is fixing that now. so hopefully for my sake, they do the same for the bumper

·
Registered
646 Posts
another discoloration here. mines not that noticable, but noticable. but like said before, a little discoloration comes with the different materials, so im not to worried about it

·
Registered
36 Posts
file a complaint rite away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had the same problem, i got it covered underwarranty and they fixed it up and sprayed it- no colour difference at all.

a bad batch was released.

i got one of them- the newer models on the show room floor are not discoloured.

goto them and tell them an aussie dealer had to replace alot of them!

if they wont budge, i will give you the name of the ozzy dealer in my area where i bought my subaru from. and he was told by the subaru rep at head office in australia that a bad batch came in.

complain about it, and get it fixed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for that info...it eased my mind a bit that im not the only one, now i have something to go on if they give me trouble...i just sent an email to my dealer in the US with some pix...we'll see what they say.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I read some of the posts and many have to remember this: the same color of paint attaches and will look different on the plastic bumper vs the metal fenders.

It is more noticed on some colors. The old yellow WRX's were known to do this as well as do other non subaru models. sometimes it is just the light or/and angles that allow you to notice it more. There probably is little that can be done. A repaint might happen under warranty, but at the same time, they may not do it because of the difference in colors on different materials. Even if they do, as the paint ages, you will see the difference again down the road.

Just a little experience with the paints from a dealers point of view and having owned 6 subies, some with the paint variance and some without.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thats why mine has been in the body shop for over a week and a half all the ground effects and the spoiler changed colors after the nere submersion in oil at work, yea a 10 thousand barral storage tank blew oil all over it bad very bad but the body shop got it all off but are repainting the plastics caues they changed color ap tuner and shifter came in the day after it went to the shop this so stinks all the new toys and no car to put it on for at least another week :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
thats why mine has been in the body shop for over a week and a half all the ground effects and the spoiler changed colors after the nere submersion in oil at work, yea a 10 thousand barral storage tank blew oil all over it bad very bad but the body shop got it all off but are repainting the plastics caues they changed color ap tuner and shifter came in the day after it went to the shop this so stinks all the new toys and no car to put it on for at least another week :(
holy crap. that sucks. any oil soaked pics???

·
Registered
6 Posts
as soon as the shop sends me the befor middle end pics i will post them all i got right now is with my phone and they dont really show how bad it was this stuff dryed on so bad we had to use a razor blade to clean enuff windsheld to be able to get it to the shop wd 40, wax and grease remover, nothing i had would even smear it but the shop used something called oops gone i think and a warm shop and slowly got it off but some how it cracked both of my head lights so they are replacing them at nearly 400 bucks each im just glad work steped up and is paying the whole bill rental car and all :-\

·
Registered
36 Posts
I read some of the posts and many have to remember this: the same color of paint attaches and will look different on the plastic bumper vs the metal fenders.

It is more noticed on some colors. The old yellow WRX's were known to do this as well as do other non subaru models. sometimes it is just the light or/and angles that allow you to notice it more. There probably is little that can be done. A repaint might happen under warranty, but at the same time, they may not do it because of the difference in colors on different materials. Even if they do, as the paint ages, you will see the difference again down the road.

Just a little experience with the paints from a dealers point of view and having owned 6 subies, some with the paint variance and some without.
i got a response from subaru saying that a bad batch of bumpers came through. also- that little spoiler on the back of the hatch.....thats plastic. and looks the same, go figure.

mine was 2 different colours- now there is no visibile difference. subaru fixed it. il post pics on saturday ( wheels go on then too ) and you will see what i mean.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts