Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help pretty bad i live up state ny (ft drum) so far i cant find [email protected]#$%23 for it im really going crazy .... so far i got tint windows that it and diferent head light color (blue) arriving monday .... any 1 know where i can get air intake to start with

thx

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
i need help pretty bad i live up state ny (ft drum) so far i cant find [email protected]#$%23 for it im really going crazy .... so far i got tint windows that it and diferent head light color (blue) arriving monday .... any 1 know where i can get air intake to start with

thx
There really is not much out there... It is getting better...

Perrin has come out with some impressice numbers... Here is a few places to start:
http://www.perrinperformance.com/welcome

One place for EM:
http://www.cobbtuning.com

I am not totally sure about 08 applications on Crawfords site:
http://www.crawfordperformance.com/v2/home/index.shtml

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
you can also check vividracing and rallitek

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
rallyarmor will have mudflaps and skidplates soon

watch out with blue headlights, you won't get anything but pretty color - you'll actually get decreased luminosity

also be careful with intakes. most of the time you're not doing anything but making noise... intake can actually rob you of up to 20hp, plus with the way our MAF sensor is mounted it can be tricky keeping it from making the check engine light come on.

the stock air box has tons of flow, no reason to replace it.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
the stock air box has tons of flow, no reason to replace it.
most people are doing it for the sound.. our car is way too quiet

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I totally understand. I even considered it myself. a CAI gets you MAYBE 5HP if you're lucky but LOTS of woosh sound.

however, knowing it can mess up the ECU and will probably take AWAY horsepower unless you get the car re-tuned, it's not worth it. you'll see better results with an after market exhaust.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok guys i got little over 1g to spend in the car now , i know is not tu much but is something to start with, i dont want exhaust yet bc of snow and salt what would have to be the first investment .... this is my first WRX and i dont wanna fuck it up

but at the same time i want some little horse and torque

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Accessport !
buy that first and see the difference, after that every new mods you will put on will worth it more since you can tune the car to the new aftermarket part and get optimal performance for what you get

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
+1 ^^^^^ Engine Management (EM) is a must... I think the AP is the way to go. I should have mine in a couple of days. ;D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i ordered the accessport 5 min ago they say i will get it sometime wed i hope it work like u guys say ..... after that what else .... no pipes yet bc of the snow and salt any more suggestions?.....

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
wait to have your AP running and see how it goes.... the next step IMO will be the get the exhaust but guess you will have to wait if you dont want to do it in winter

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I think that suspension upgrades would be the next noticeable difference. Rallitek is the only one out there with the rear sway bar, there are many different ones for the front, but sway bars and endlinks will make a nice difference in the drive of the car.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'd recommend a downpipe
Its one of the biggest noticeable upgrades and it won't be that big of a deal in the snow
because most of the pipe sits in the engine bay

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
finally i got my accesport yeah and once again u guys were right about easy to used and u can feel the diferent of torque and acceleration in just acouple min

i love i hightly recommet to to get 1

now once again waiting for u guys for my next step
;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts