Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for adjustable shocks for my 08 sedan. Anyone know a vendor? Not ready to do coilovers yet, want to stay in stock class at autocross.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I don't think they have any out quite yet. Hopefully KYB will come out with some soon. I had the KYB AGX on MY02 WRX. Liked them a bunch!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
forgive newbness,

but are you guys saying that you can buy a shock/strut and match it with a spring? in a sense making your own coilover?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Exactly!!! On MYO2 I had Whiteline Springs and KYB AGX shocks/struts. In essence a "coilover". Bilstein is also a good company. I did sent KYB an email asking about production and they said and I quote "John,
I can not say yet if we are going to offer an AGX for the 2008 WRX
because we have not yet begun testing our shock/struts for the 2008, but
I will pass this request along." Only time will tell. I do love the Cobb Springs I installed this weekend. Tomorrow I'm installing RalliTEK F/F sways!! ;D

·
Registered
577 Posts
thanks for clearing that up for me.

we should just keep bugging companies to make stuff for us ;D

·
Registered
217 Posts
i hope we can have Bilstein shocks for the 08s... Bilstein don't have any shocks made for the previous years' impreza...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, Bilstein did make the PSS9 available for the Impreza.. and the suspension on the 22b used custom Bilsteins.

But, yeah.. I was actually searching a few days ago to see if, by some miracle, Bilstein had already made a shock for the '08s. :-\

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey... I found this thread searching... been looking for some new shocks too. I just got my STI Pinks but don't want to install them on the stock shocks.

I checked with Shox.com and they have a listing for Bilstein HD shocks for the 05+ Legacy. Since so much of the drivetrain stuff on the 08s is coming from the Legacy, I wonder if these would fit (physically)?

They might be a bit stiff since the Legacy is a heavier car, but if they fit, at least that means we're a whole lot closer to having Bilsteins available than not.

Rob

·
Registered
954 Posts
good eye robg, there is one way to find out. someone needs to cross refernce factory subaru part numbers for struts to see if they are the same for the legacy and 08's. its at least a start

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's possible that part numbers may not match due to valving differences. Then it'd require somebody with an 05+ Legacy to get together with an 08 Impreza owner to compare.

BUT, if they DO match, then odds are very good the valving of the Bilsteins will be good enough for use on our cars.

Rob

·
Registered
128 Posts
Except that the Legacy uses a multi-link rear suspension, where we have a dual-A-arm rear suspension. I'm doubtful that they'll work.

·
Registered
988 Posts
i hope we can have Bilstein shocks for the 08s... Bilstein don't have any shocks made for the previous years' impreza...
I waiting for them too.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Ohlins said they are coming out with a fixed perch strut for the '08s as well as a few coilover options.
Did they give you an ETA or any other info? I'm really wanting to find a set of decent shocks, or softer coilovers.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ohlins are pricy...

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
All I really want is a freaking shock/spring combo that isn't crazy stiff, but will also improve performance. The stock shocks are REALLY soft, so I don't really want to put stiffer springs on them just so I can bounce all over the road. Swifts might be ok, but I'd rather just do it right the first time around. Hopefully someone will actually put something out before too long.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Ohlins said they are coming out with a fixed perch strut for the '08s as well as a few coilover options.
As I recall, Ohlins are more expensive for struts than cusco zero2e coilovers....unless there is a lower price ohlins strut I just have not seen...this is completely possible.

what is the price range on ohlins?

·
Registered
217 Posts
i think they r like 2 - 3K... i also think the OEM struts r way too soft...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts