Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the perrin bov installed and a 3 inch highflow downpipe no tune but im getting boost cut at 20.2 psi at 4k maybe 4500 but it cuts to 12 to 14 and at low cruise throttle at 20% i hit 1.1 psi steady throttle 20% and itll cut to .8 psi then back to 1.1 cut then back then cut non stop till i give it more throttle can someone tell me why again no tune stock but i hit boost way fast i feel like it might lose some power but not much someone help do i need to tighten the bov or loosen it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had the perrin bov installed and a 3 inch highflow downpipe no tune but im getting boost cut at 20.2 psi at 4k maybe 4500 but it cuts to 12 to 14 and at low cruise throttle at 20% i hit 1.1 psi steady throttle 20% and itll cut to .8 psi then back to 1.1 cut then back then cut non stop till i give it more throttle can someone tell me why again no tune stock but i hit boost way fast i feel like it might lose some power but not much someone help do i need to tighten the bov or loosen it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You have opened the exhaust flow and the ECU hasn’t been configured for that, so I’m order to fix this you should absolutely get it tuned otherwise you’ll have issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You have opened the exhaust flow and the ECU hasn’t been configured for that, so I’m order to fix this you should absolutely get it tuned otherwise you’ll have issues.
Also, read up on BOV and understand how they work. I understand they allow the air in the intake to escape when coming off the throttle. When this happens the computer is expecting to operate based on a metered amount of air reported by the MAF and when it’s not there performance drops.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A tune will fix this. This is why it’s always recommend to tune your car when adding parts bc the release of air to atmosphere instead of back to manifold is adjusted and COMPINSATED for my changing
Parameters of the ECU

·
Registered
19 Posts
You have had no tune to your car the factory ecu cuts boost at 20 psi as a fail safe and just a tip you WILL blow up your car running an intake down pipe and intake with no tube your running 20 psi threw it with no boost control and your fail safe is kicking in if you have not already cooked your wrings you will I bet your already loosing compressions bc your misfiring.. do you hear bangs and smell burnt air ? That’s your bottom end if you have a Cobb across port uou should be looking at knock and dam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts