Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the perrin down pipe?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So a 3 inch down pipe is pretty much a 3 inch down pipe no matter who makes it? Because I am in the works for starting a group buy On perrin down pipes.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
2 cats on the Perrin so it's a bit pricier than also, just add another point.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but doesnt factory down pipe come with 2 cats? So for emissions standards isnt it better to be running a down pipe with 2 cats? Reminder I live in Cali

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
but doesnt factory down pipe come with 2 cats? So for emissions standards isnt it better to be running a down pipe with 2 cats? Reminder I live in Cali
^^^^ Are you running an 09? If so, have you thought about getting some baseline numbers before you a DP on your ride?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont have a wrx yet I am trying to wait untill December to get one. But Yes I would want to get the car dyno'ed stock before I do anything

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
The Perrin units were not designed for passing CA emissions requirements. You will still have to go back to stock for smog tests.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So if I put all my stock parts back on a day or two before a smog test will I pass? Or is there a certain time I need to wait?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
So if I put all my stock parts back on a day or two before a smog test will I pass? Or is there a certain time I need to wait?
ECU reset i.e stock reflash, + 50miles of relearned parameters. (It's 30mi +-10) but I like to make sure.

Mind you this is like 6 years from when you get the car 8)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
ECU reset i.e stock reflash, + 50miles of relearned parameters. (It's 30mi +-10) but I like to make sure.

Mind you this is like 6 years from when you get the car 8)

I thought it was 8 years... but I am not 100% sure of that///

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I think its 4 years in Colorado... But If you register In CO Springs not Denver there is no emissions :)

I have no idea about CA

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
So is there a 3" DP that is CARB compliant? I am looking at purchasing a Cobb pipe in the next week or so?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
So is there a 3" DP that is CARB compliant? I am looking at purchasing a Cobb pipe in the next week or so?
Nope not yet. Not that I have heard of anyways.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Well at least it will be catted... ;)

·
Registered
496 Posts
On the contrary I think there is 2 differences from the Perrin DP than all others. One was already stated, that there are 2 high flow cats instead of the competitions one hi-flo cat. Also, the bell mouth design is a little different in that it is divorced a little longer than others. I think I'm honestly gonna go with the Perrin DP over others just because of the fact that it has 2 cats, it may not be as freer flowing than others with just one but maybe ill pick up some more torque with this design

1 - 20 of 30 Posts