1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Just a swap will not worth it i think you will definitly need a swap + Turbo kit to make it interesting... its what they did !

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe after I get the car paid off and I am looking at getting something new would I do a project like that. I do think that it would be awesome though.

·
Registered
243 Posts
thats a cool car but (i dont know much about H6s) why couldnt you spnd that money on the wrx motor? is the h6 that much better or you just want something different? school me on it so i learn more :)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, there is no replacement for displacement. The H6 is a 6 cylinder with a lot more torque and horsepower as a stock base then the stock base of the Impreza motor. Then if you turbo then you can very easily push 400+ and the motor would be good up to 1000+. The motor is pretty much a Porsche motor and our motor is a Bug motor, you can do the math.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
the only problem will be the change in balance of the car because the engine will be heavier..... will be a great setup for drag racing

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The engine is only 42 pounds heavier, with the increase in torque and horsepower would certainly be worth the offset. Plus if you do put a GT35 turbo on there the motor will work much better with that motor because the motor does have enough power to compensate until the turbo spools.

·
Registered
52 Posts
im assuming had to build that motor as well. there is no way they can run a minimum of 20psi on the stock internals with the compression that its at correct?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think so, but the H6 is a stronger motor. Even a built WRX or STI motor can't handle over 22 PSI without lifting the heads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts