Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Perrin intake and went to install it. I had to rush myself because it was getting dark out. The install wasnt too hard, took me about 1 hour. I choose the Perrin intake because Perrin made a map to run it properly, which I had to purchase. I loaded the Perrin stage 2 w/ intake tuned map via accessport after install, i'll update my post after 100 miles of driving so the ECU will adapt to the map. I tried to take a video with my crappy sd300 but it doesnt do any justice, it sounds much better and much louder in person. The video you will hear my cobb DP w/ SPT catback.
For the price of $200 + the purchase of the stage 2 intake map, it was worth it even if its just for the sound!!
This map would probably work with other intakes as well.
In the box:

Stock airbox:

Taking apart:

Box removed:

installed:

&

VIDS: again, the camera didnt capture the bov sound well.
<embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

<embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

<embed src="

<embed src="

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
looks good! Any thoughts on adding a heat shield? Oh, on the last picture, do you know what that wire (hanging right above the fender hole) coming from the ABS system is for? I found it unplugged just like in your pictures. I'm in the process of installing the AEM intake and disabling DRL.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good! Any thoughts on adding a heat shield? Oh, on the last picture, do you know what that wire (hanging right above the fender hole) coming from the ABS system is for? I found it unplugged just like in your pictures. I'm in the process of installing the AEM intake and disabling DRL.
I dont know any company that sells just a heat sheild.
I was wondering the samething! After i took out the stock air box i saw that wire just hanging there, i thought it got disconnected somehow. But i look around and saw it doesnt plug into anything. Anyone else know what its for?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The map says 17.5 target boost for both the stage 2 map & stage 2 w/ intake map. I've been able to spike to 18psi but of couse it dont hold at 18, it jumps to 18 then slowly tappers down. With the intake, boost comes on sooner.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
The map says 17.5 target boost for both the stage 2 map & stage 2 w/ intake map. I've been able to spike to 18psi but of couse it dont hold at 18, it jumps to 18 then slowly tappers down. With the intake, boost comes on sooner.
Perrin target boost for stage 2 is almost the same as stage 1? Is this correct? Thought the boost would jump higher than that. I guess they maxed out the little snail at stage 1 already huh?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Since this topic is about the intake how is the connection between the map sensor section and the pipe section? I think this is an issue because of the multi-link design interfering with the airfow unless there is a smooth step-up design from housing to the pipe itself. Also does the Perrin unit have the air strighteners inside the pipe?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts