Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, anyone have this yet? I was doing some browsing on NASIOC and it looks like it does indeed exist, and some people have it. It appears though from what I found that they are sending people the same map as the STi uses for 91 (same filename it looked like)? Anyway, anyone care to shed some light on this topic? This sub-forum has been dead for a little while now, so I am curious if anyone has any updates. Also, if anyone has it, would they care to pass it along? I am really sick of mixing gas just so I can sleep at night :D [email protected] is my e-mail if you feel like being a generous person ;D

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I've been going back and forth with Perrin on this over the last week or so. I was told 2 weeks ago that it was "almost done" It's a little late because I just bought an Invidia catless DP so maybe I'll hassle them about stage 2 91 ACN now ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I don't have the money for a DP, so I really hope someone out there has some info on this. I raced my friend whos running the ACN91 cobb map and I couldn't pull an inch on him (I'm mixing gas for the 93 Perrin map). I thought the Perrin was supposed to make more power so now I am pretty confused.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Finally, they are doing something about it.

It is like saying "FREE BEER TOMORROW"

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I would be surprised if the perrin map really makes any noticeable amount of power more than the cobb maps. They try to make their stage 1 map sound like it can walk on water. To me it sounds like the same BS that most manufacturers tag onto their product descriptions about how their product makes so much more power than everyone else's stuff does. Still, stage 1 isn't something that I'd waste my money on. Might as well just run on the stock tune imo.
Not so sure about that. I've run COBB, Perrin 93 stage 1, and stock. The butt dyno says that the 93 stage 1 blows doors on the others. Verrrrrry noticeable.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
So, anyone have this yet? I was doing some browsing on NASIOC and it looks like it does indeed exist, and some people have it. It appears though from what I found that they are sending people the same map as the STi uses for 91 (same filename it looked like)? Anyway, anyone care to shed some light on this topic? This sub-forum has been dead for a little while now, so I am curious if anyone has any updates. Also, if anyone has it, would they care to pass it along? I am really sick of mixing gas just so I can sleep at night :D [email protected] is my e-mail if you feel like being a generous person ;D
Do you have a link to the NASIOC thread. From what I found it looks like the 91oct map is for the STi. I would want to know more about that map, before I installed it on my WRX. There are so many different aspects of a tune and I would be concerned that the map was too agressive for a stock WRX. For example: Higher red line, higher boost targets, AFR settings, Tip in enrichment scales. The list goes on and on...

But in general, when Cobb tuned their 91oct map, they retarded the first 25% of the throttle to get rid of the sensitative "Drive-By-Wire" feeling. It looks like Perring got rid of that aspect of the tune. That would give the car a little more punch. Beyond that I am not sure what they did.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i have the 91oct map from perrin its target boost is 17PSI, i asked perrin if i needed to go with an ACN tuned map and was told this map was good... so far it kicks pretty hard... and have seen the target boost in fifth gear only... seems to pull better than the 93oct rev3 map i have...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Caracer22,
You are the MAN!! Thank you ;D

·
Registered
314 Posts
I bought my cobb AP a while ago just around the same time Perrin and Rallitek released theirs with the map but already had mine in hand. Would anyone be willing to share the perrin 91 stage 1 map with me? I really hate the Cobb Stg 1 map and would like to see the difference a "better" stage 1 makes. I am also going to be doing some auto-x tomorrow and next weekend so if you can share - it would be most definitely appreciated.

Steve

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I bought my cobb AP a while ago just around the same time Perrin and Rallitek released theirs with the map but already had mine in hand. Would anyone be willing to share the perrin 91 stage 1 map with me? I really hate the Cobb Stg 1 map and would like to see the difference a "better" stage 1 makes. I am also going to be doing some auto-x tomorrow and next weekend so if you can share - it would be most definitely appreciated.

Steve
Check your email... Have fun... ;D

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Would someone mind sending me the Perrin 91oct Stage 1 map for the WRX? I want to try it out to see if it's as big of an improvement as you guys are saying. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Would someone mind sending me the Perrin 91oct Stage 1 map for the WRX? I want to try it out to see if it's as big of an improvement as you guys are saying. Thanks ahead of time.
Check your email

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Just flashed the map today. There is definitely more kick when the turbo spools up. The max boost that I have seen thus far is 15-16psi (according to my STRI gauge, which I will be checking the accuracy of in the next day or two), though I haven't hit any roads with high enough speed limits to get past the bottom of 4th gear. Either way I'm pretty happy with the map. Can't wait to try the stage 2 at some point, though I won't be doing that till I have everything else sorted out.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I did see 17 on my ap in 5th gear or a split second;)... (Keep and eye on the "DAM"... "1"=happy ECU) the more you run it the stronger it will pull... HAVE FUN

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
i just ordered the cobb accessport with the stage 1 map from perrin.i have a borla catback and avo panel filter.what can i expect to see in gains with the accessport?is anyone else similar with the mods?this my first subaru and first turbo car so im new to the tuning thing.any help would be appreciated.thanks.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts