Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm wondering if anyone out there is running the perrin stage 2 map with a catless downpipe. I'm guessing it will be ok to run the map but it is designed for use with perrin's DP which is catted. I'm just curious if anyone is having any issues running this sort of thing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm running it with the Invidia Catless and SPT Exhaust and it runs fine. My theory is the 2.5" midpipe in the SPT catback may provide the resistance needed...I don't see boost spike.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
You don't see boost spike but you are def boost creeping cause I have the same setup and I boost creep. Map is great just you will boost creep a bit because their is not enough back pressure to hold the wastegate arm closed under light accleration.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok from what i understand is both spiking and creep are bad for the car. Are there any ways to fix this or is it bad but won't really do damage to the car. Or are there any other maps that may be better than the perrin map for catless exhausts?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
ok from what i understand is both spiking and creep are bad for the car. Are there any ways to fix this or is it bad but won't really do damage to the car. Or are there any other maps that may be better than the perrin map for catless exhausts?
You would have to tell Perrin when ordering your tune that you are running catless. Their tune from what I know is good for their dps or catted ones. Other stage 2 tunes are good for catted (other than perrin's) and non-catted.

This was because Perrin chose to run dual cats and let the margin go to single catted dps while others use single cats and set an allowance for non-catted versions.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks togue i guess i'll have to go with a cobb map then. too bad i've had really good luck with perrin stuff all i can do is hope for the best with cobb. I already talked to perrin they said their map is made for catted DP's and they don't have one for catless DP's. They said if i noticed boost spiking to let them know and they would try to tweak the map for me but i really don't want to take any chances and have to have my engine replaced because a map wasn't right.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
thanks togue i guess i'll have to go with a cobb map then. too bad i've had really good luck with perrin stuff all i can do is hope for the best with cobb. I already talked to perrin they said their map is made for catted DP's and they don't have one for catless DP's. They said if i noticed boost spiking to let them know and they would try to tweak the map for me but i really don't want to take any chances and have to have my engine replaced because a map wasn't right.
Remember though that COBBs maps are ultra conservative for the WRX, I'm talking like a hair better than stock. Stage 2 tune just makes the stock une handle the DP. At this point, I may suggest getting a protune if running catless, or running with a Perrin tune with a single cat. This will greatly improve results, we are talking like +30tq at the mid range vs COBB.
Rallitek also has some maps. I am sure there are people in here willing to share their tune. Try to post up a specific request for it. I'd help you but I have an STi.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
08lrWRX may have one for you. He's posting he has Rallitek, Perrin and the like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts