Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just ordered the Perrin stage 3 map. Apparently Jeff Perrin has made off with the laptop with the maps but I should have it early next week. I'll post thoughts and butt dyno results asap.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So, I just ordered the Perrin stage 3 map. Apparently Jeff Perrin has made off with the laptop with the maps but I should have it early next week. I'll post thoughts and butt dyno results asap.
WOW... Can't wait to hear about it... How about the list of mods that supports that Perrin Stage 3 map?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Apparently Jeff Perrin has made off with the laptop with the maps but I should have it early next week. I'll post thoughts and butt dyno results asap.
Don't trust people named Jeff.

And yes, please share what stage 3 mods are, thanks.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Just wondering, but why not get a protune? you would see better results then with a e-mail map.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few reasons I guess. The closest tuner is a couple hundred miles away. I'm not sure when and what my next mods will be, so I don't want to spend 400+ on a protune then upgrade my turbo 3 months later and have to get another one. Also I may be a little lazy and getting an email map is soo easy :)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
got it. Sometimes i forget that i live in the middle of like 5 well known tuners, all with in a 100 mile radius.

·
Registered
502 Posts
A few reasons I guess. The closest tuner is a couple hundred miles away. I'm not sure when and what my next mods will be, so I don't want to spend 400+ on a protune then upgrade my turbo 3 months later and have to get another one. Also I may be a little lazy and getting an email map is soo easy :)
I agree with you, im on perrin stage 2 + intake map, and very smooth and powerfull. I dont want to get a protune will i get ALL of the parts I want. Protunes around here are $500. I went thru perrin stage 1, 2, now 2+ perrin intake and been happy their maps on 93 oct.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I had a tuner in the City I live I would absolutely be running a protune, no doubt. If I'm correct on this I think there is one AWD dyno in Upstate NY (The last I checked...) and it was in Buffalo aka waythefuckupandtotheleftfrommeville.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree with you, im on perrin stage 2 + intake map, and very smooth and powerfull. I dont want to get a protune will i get ALL of the parts I want. Protunes around here are 0. I went thru perrin stage 1, 2, now 2+ perrin intake and been happy their maps on 93 oct.
I ran stage 1 perrin and I really liked it, lots of power. Looking forward to flashing.

·
Registered
646 Posts
man jeff told me it would be a while on the stage 3 tune...shoot me a pm when u get it..im curious to see how it is and possibly buy a copy of it off you

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
could someone be kind enough to e-mail their Perrin 91oct Stage 2. I know you can take out the personal info. I don't know where else to get it without paying. The Cobb stage 2 is nice but I hear Perrin is better. Help me Please!

·
Registered
700 Posts
could someone be kind enough to e-mail their Perrin 91oct Stage 2. I know you can take out the personal info. I don't know where else to get it without paying. The Cobb stage 2 is nice but I hear Perrin is better. Help me Please!
oh ya that be nice for me. :eek:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I may end up getting the stage 2 map on wed the more I think about it. Jeff wasn't there when I called it was a younger guy in sales. Unless when they were tuning the 08's with the TMIC and perrin intake they tweaked their maps to get more power... fuck it might just be the stage 2 f'n shit man.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23080468
The stage 3 at the top got my hopes up, but at the bottom of the post they claim numbers with only the stage 2 map.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I got the map and based on the map notes it's a true stage 3. I'm getting kind of nervous monkeying around with maps at higher boost and power levels without any gauges though... Any wise suby owner willing to be the voice of reason?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would like a copy of the stage 3 if u would like to send it....

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Post some numbers when you can... Curious to see what they can do...

Anyone got the Perrin Stage 1 93 map?

Curious to see the difference between that and Cobbs...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts