Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Long ass story but there isn't one. For some reason Perrin still advertises it on their website. I suggest you call them and complain. I'm still waiting for mine too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn your right looks like they only have a 93 oct map out right now...

if anything comes up let me know guy weird that they list it with the AP online...

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
if anything comes up let me know guy weird that they list it with the AP online...
Weird in this case meaning illegal. I'm willing to overlook it considering that everybody who has a Perrin map loves it. Trying to be patient.....

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Actually it is illegal. The map wasn't "free". The price of the map was factored into the total sale price, but that doesn't mean they have the option of delivering it or not. It was included in the sale contract that was implied when they advertised it and took my money. That's called fraud.

They've actually been pretty cool about it and I have faith that they are working on it. My only option is to return the thing and buy the exact same product somewhere else for the same price, so I can wait until they come through.

·
Registered
344 Posts
You could mix in a little octane boost with each tank to get 93 :-\ Sounds like a pain, but some ppl on here are doing just that ;D

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Just start calling them... it may have been pushed down the priority list a little... I was talking to a tuner and a properly tuned map, after the data is collected should take about 2 - 5 days... It has been how many months?? It should have been realeaed by now! They must have bigger fires to put out... so the squeaky wheel get the grease...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Just come to the east coast. I haven't even seen 91 over here. Only 93/89/87.
Yeah we only have 87/89/91 and I just paid 4.02 for a gallon of crappy 91oct... :mad: I am not a huge fan of mixing octane boost! You gotta love California...

I think I might go hug a tree or something ;D With a chain saw :eek: :-\

JK ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Since the high altitude map from perrin isnt available, can anyone tell me how they are liking the regular OTS cobb stage 1 map?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Since the high altitude map from perrin isnt available, can anyone tell me how they are liking the regular OTS cobb stage 1 map?
High Altitiued or the 91oct map? The ACN 91oct is nothing to write home about... no real change in power, but a much safer map than the OEM map.

I think these numbers have changed a little bit since We did the married stock and the stage I pulls one right after the other, no time for the ECU to learn... But they are some where in this realm

Red = stage I
Blue = Married Stock mode

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
cool plot

I was thinking Cobb OTS stage 1 map on regular 91 not ACN piss.
I might as wall drink a bunch of wiskey and piss in my tank and THAT would be better than my California gas

·
Registered
190 Posts
mixing gas is a pain. Why dont you try out the lucas octane booster. I know octane boosters are a waste of money but this one is known for actually raising octane by 3.5 full points. Im gonna try it out as soon as my AP gets here. http://volvospeed.com/Reviews/octane_boosters_lucas.html. Its the most concentrated out of all the octane booster on the market. Its worth a try.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts