Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No affiliation... I was poking around, trying to find a deal on a used Perrin or AVO TMIC. Saw Rallitek (who doesn't answer their PMs here, btw) had theirs for $799... decided to check Perrin's site because I thought they were up to almost $900. Lo and behold... 45% off sale, $499!! So I ordered one.

BTW, who does the 18G conversions on the VF40??

Rob

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Perrin TMIC on Sale for $499!! (FMIC for $1284 too)

Followup... their FMIC is $1284 if that's what you want...

Rob

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Guess this is exiting news? Second post of same subject already in short time frame. I figure the discount is due to the fact that the 09 ICs have been upgraded to the same size, hence they have to blow these out because only 08 owners can or will buy these units.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Guess this is exiting news? Second post of same subject already in short time frame. I figure the discount is due to the fact that the 09 ICs have been upgraded to the same size, hence they have to blow these out because only 08 owners can or will buy these units.
??? I thought the '09 had the same intercooler as the '08s.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shoot I figure they would just use a modified STI IC on the 09s, otherwise their IC would be even bigger. So I doubt that's why the sale. Besides, this IC still fits on the LGT, so it's not like they've lost their market.

As for second post about it, gee, sorry. I looked through this section before making the post to make sure somebody hadn't said anything first. I didn't see anything, so I thought it would be appreciated.

Rob

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Pretty sure they upgraded this (read it somewhere)
Power upgrades from the turbo, ic, and freer flowing cat than the WRX.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Found it
here you go

http://www.caradvice.com.au/17284/2009-subaru-wrx-sedan-hatch/

States:
Tech Talk:Intercooler capacity is up to 14.0 kW, from 12.1 kW in the MY08 model, while the bigger turbocharger sees maximum boost increased from 78 kPa to 103 kPa. A revised exhaust system provides a 30 per cent reduction in gas flow restriction, to match the new turbocharger performance and increase engine power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts