Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
havent installed mine, but from what I read over at LGT, it seems the TMIC would show more difference in high outside temperature conditions. This is going to sound stupid, but I got it more so for longevity than anything else. TMIC wouldnt the choice for those planning on going for 350+WHP.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I didnt want to start a new thread. My question is quite simple, and I'm 50% sure of the answer I have. Would installing a TMIC require a tune? Or is the tune for getting the most out of the TMIC?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I didnt want to start a new thread. My question is quite simple, and I'm 50% sure of the answer I have. Would installing a TMIC require a tune? Or is the tune for getting the most out of the TMIC?
I talked with Chris from perrin today about their tmic and he said that a stage 2 map would be fine with a down pipe. We didn't talk about just the tmic, a down pipe was a part of the equation.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I get my TMIC tomorrow and will install it this weekend.

·
Registered
502 Posts
On the Perrin post over on Nasioc on the 08+ wrx, the car will run rich with the tmic at around 2k rpm because its much more free flowing. If you are concerned, then get Perrin's stage 3 map which was created for the tmic.

·
Registered
752 Posts
you should really get a tune to get the most out of it and whatever other mods you have.

if you had the TMIC and no tune, you should have a wideband to monitor the AFR.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Just got my TMIC today

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
man, I really want one of those. the price makes it tempting, though I doubt I'll get one before the sale is over.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I hope this sale stays till after xmas lol. I want to get one so bad but with xmas coming its time to hold off on the car and buy gifts for everybody else... Damn x-mas!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I hope this sale stays till after xmas lol. I want to get one so bad but with xmas coming its time to hold off on the car and buy gifts for everybody else... Damn x-mas!
hmm... I wonder how long it will go on for. They already started jacking up the price, $10, not thats it's too significant to stop ppl from being.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Mine is due here tomorrow. Was going to install on Saturday. But... these are a b!tch to install? Can somebody elaborate? Might just wait til I'm ready to install a new turbo...

Rob

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
after visiting the LGT board, it's 50/50. Some folks have no problem, others have a hard time aligning the turbo side.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'm going to do it tomorrow is it doen't rain. Looking at it it's simple.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine is due here tomorrow. Was going to install on Saturday. But... these are a b!tch to install? Can somebody elaborate? Might just wait til I'm ready to install a new turbo...

Rob
The turbo side is hard to line up. It will take two people and be careful not to cross thread them and break it off like I did. Just take your time and be sure they are lined up correctly before the final tightening.

·
Registered
339 Posts
UPS just dropped off my TMIC. WTF? I asked for black, because I had seen photos and it looked like just the sides were done in black, to appear like the stock unit.

The WHOLE FREAKING THING IS BLACK. It looks AWFUL.

I'm wondering... is there any easy way to get the black powdercoating off of the face of it? Otherwise I get to spend the time and $$ to send it back and get a silver one. GRRR. I think if I have to send it back I'll just get a refund.

Rob

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
actually, the black TMIC is ALL black in every picture I have seen. If you have extra funds, buy from a vendor over at LGT who are selling at a discount rate, then sell the black TMIC later on.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
UPS just dropped off my TMIC. WTF? I asked for black, because I had seen photos and it looked like just the sides were done in black, to appear like the stock unit.

The WHOLE FREAKING THING IS BLACK. It looks AWFUL.

I'm wondering... is there any easy way to get the black powdercoating off of the face of it? Otherwise I get to spend the time and $$ to send it back and get a silver one. GRRR. I think if I have to send it back I'll just get a refund.

Rob

yea def don't know where you got your pics from but the black TMIC is ALL black in EVERY pic its in. Just like their FMIC "stealth" its ALL black.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts