Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just installed a Perrin Tuned Accessport in my 08 sedan and all I can say is wow. This vehicle feels completely different and I run crappy 91 octane here in ND. I can only imagine what this car will do when I go stage two, because right now its a complete beast. No dyno around so I can't get you any real numbers, but my butt-dyno says it has produced significant gains.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I have the standard Cobb Accessport running stage 2 on and the car is completely different. Not even the same car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
what other engine mods are you running with the Stage 2?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I have a lightened pulley, but yet to install that.

For stage 2 I have a Ultimate Racing Turboback exhaust.

I have new maps for running the Cold Air intake I have and I will get that going this weekend.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My favorite question to ask... Any noticable effect on MPG?

·
Registered
359 Posts
did it come with the 91piss map already or did you have to pay more for that particular protune ?

·
Registered
752 Posts
wow, Perrin seems to be on top of things right now.
those are nice stage 1 numbers.
If i was going to stay with the stock turbo, i would probable go with their stage 2 maps.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got mine yesterday loaded up the stage 1 93 octane map (16psi down to 12 at 7000rpm). Car is a lot smother with very little to no hestitation. My only concern is Im not seeing the 16 psi of boost most I have seen is 13.5 so im not sure the flash took. the boost is being read by the Accessport. Any ideas before I email Perrin

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the AP on my last WRX and Cobb used to say give it a couple of weeks for the software to "learn". Sometimes that fixed the problem sometimes it didn't. Plus you have to remember it's an off the shelf map what works great on your car might not work as well on mine. But it wouldn't hurt to call and see what they say.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had the AP on my last WRX and Cobb used to say give it a couple of weeks for the software to "learn". Sometimes that fixed the problem sometimes it didn't. Plus you have to remember it's an off the shelf map what works great on your car might not work as well on mine. But it wouldn't hurt to call and see what they say.
Thanks I will give it some time to learn. I reality i just need to take it in and get it tuned but I will do that after the turbo back.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have a AP that I purchased from Cobb sitting on my desk right now. I have not installed it, which I am chomping at the bit to do. Something is bugging me. From what I am reading, the off the shelf stage I map provided from Cobb leaves alot of power on the table. Where as the Perrin Map, that they provide with their AP takes that power off the table and puts it to the ground.

What am I missing here??? Are the two maps that different?

If they are, I see there are two solutions.

1. Return the AP to Cobb and purchase the AP from Perrin with their stage I map intalled.

2. Install the AP that I got from Cobb and then purchase the Perrin map for $180.

hhmmm Any thoughts?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a AP that I purchased from Cobb sitting on my desk right now. I have not installed it, which I am chomping at the bit to do. Something is bugging me. From what I am reading, the off the shelf stage I map provided from Cobb leaves alot of power on the table. Where as the Perrin Map, that they provide with their AP takes that power off the table and puts it to the ground.

1. Return the AP to Cobb and purchase the AP from Perrin with their stage I map intalled.

2. Install the AP that I got from Cobb and then purchase the Perrin map for 0.

hhmmm Any thoughts?
The map doesnt come installed from Perrin , they email it to you and then you install it. Check your email I sent you the map they sent me. Now keep in mind the map they send is only lightly tuned compared to what they can do on the dyno but it is more aggresive than the COBB maps.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

hhmmm Any thoughts?
The map doesnt come installed from Perrin , they email it to you and then you install it. Check your email I sent you the map they sent me. Now keep in mind the map they send is only lightly tuned compared to what they can do on the dyno but it is more aggresive than the COBB maps.
Thanks morroadkill... That is the beauty of these forums... I don't want to dis Cobb at all... I am a fan their products... But I am also a huge fan of the hard earned dollars that I make I just don't throw around 7bills...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey is anyone else throwing a p0137 code by chance? I am throwing it with both my perrin map and the cobb map, but not on the stock...wonderiing if its something to do with the cold up here in north dakota. If anyone has any thoughts it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
[[/quote]
[/quote]

Mr Roadkill, could you please send me the Perrin map. I got mine from them (without the map installed of course), I called to get their map, but still no response. They are very busy with a grand opening for something. I want the power NOW.
Thanks for the help.
Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got the proper Perrin map from a kind memeber of this forum, and I must say it is an improvment over the stock program. Its the way the car should have come. And then we could improve from there.
A few more parts and I should be happy.

·
Registered
41 Posts

hhmmm Any thoughts?
Hey mr roadkill any chance u could send me that perrin map? i to got my ap from cobb and would like to see what kind of difference the perrin would make compared to the cobb. i would really appreciate it. thanks!

nik

1 - 20 of 55 Posts