Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it ok to run a Perin Up pipe + SPT exhaust without getting a tune (read for now)
and how hard is it to install it ? noticeable performance for 179$ ?

·
Registered
646 Posts
i have an uppipe on mine..its a css one i got from my buddy who owns it.. i noticed it was slightly jerky when i first put it on..but the css one is significantly larger in diameter over the perrin and the stock one...which isnt what one looks for in an uppipe..i think if you go with a good one, such as the perrin... you will be fine. spool should be slightly quicker and a little more power...where ours isnt catted like the older models the gains are less but it is still a great mod for the price...im gonna get a perrin one soon when i get back from the beach

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so since its catless that shoudnt be a issue to run it without a tune ? not forever but until i can raise some more fund

·
Registered
629 Posts
yeah, you'll be just fine without a tune. That was the first thing I installed when I got the car. It takes some time, much easier if you have access to a lift. You'll have to remove the DP to get to the top bolts on the Up-pipe to section. be careful not to cut the 02 sensor wires when removing the heatsheild off the headers. Oh yeah, don't cut yourself either...damn sheet metal!!! ;D

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you noticed performance gain ?
since it was your first mods, does it change the sound ?

·
Registered
629 Posts
It was more responsiveness over anything....spooled a bit faster which I'm sure helped performance a little.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts