Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into getting 22/19's for my WRX Wagon,

I wanted to see if you guys have any input as to which to get.....I am assuming the swaybar itself isnt so much a big issue as a sway bar is basically a bar, but ive been reading a lot of you guys have problems with the endlinks.

Endlinks causing a lot of noise or what not. has anyone have a full on perrin or rallitek set up (F/R and same brand endlink) installed? and do you have any input as to which i should get?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Looking into getting 22/19's for my WRX Wagon,

I wanted to see if you guys have any input as to which to get.....I am assuming the swaybar itself isnt so much a big issue as a sway bar is basically a bar, but ive been reading a lot of you guys have problems with the endlinks.

Endlinks causing a lot of noise or what not. has anyone have a full on perrin or rallitek set up (F/R and same brand endlink) installed? and do you have any input as to which i should get?
Perrin has great customer service is you buy from them directly. I am running 25/22 and they fit perfectly. I am unaware if they finished the rear endlinks yet though.
I have not heard anything bad about rallitek but thought I would give you personal experience.

Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perrin has great customer service is you buy from them directly. I am running 25/22 and they fit perfectly. I am unaware if they finished the rear endlinks yet though.
I have not heard anything bad about rallitek but thought I would give you personal experience.

Good luck
what kind of endlinks are u running?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

Good luck
what kind of endlinks are u running?
Rallitek also for now. I am really wanting the full metals though whenever perrin decides to release...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have rallitek sways and end links. I dont know what the specs are but I am very pleased. Body roll has been eliminated and I don't hear any noise.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Prerrin rear endlinks are now available just checked their website last night and they look nice too. I dont have them yet but ill be going with a full on perrin set up with 25s front and 22s in the rear.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
The perrin's don't have the best fitment from what I've seen. They don't seem to put out the best products when it comes to suspension parts.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
i have the rallitek swat bars and rear end links w/ whiteline front end links. they are so much better than stock but the understeer is still not eliminated. no noise from my setup. personally, if i was to buy sways again, i would go for the adjustable whitelines. it would be nice to have the option to fine tune the suspension by endlink placement. i might have to upgrade the rear bar eventually or even get the rear sway bar stabilizers from whiteline to dial out the wee bit of understeer... running the sti pinks w/ em as well, the sway bars were just a little improvement but w/ the springs... it all works together so well.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Prerrin rear endlinks are now available just checked their website last night and they look nice too. I dont have them yet but ill be going with a full on perrin set up with 25s front and 22s in the rear.
Woo hoo time to lookie lookie :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Perrin sucks, period. Stock front end links and Rallitek rears. There is no need to upgrade your fronts unless you've slammed it in which case you are shit out of luck. I've tried EVERY front end link for the 08 and went back to stock where there is NO noise. And no, they wont break. If you have proof, post the pictures.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Perrin sucks, period. Stock front end links and Rallitek rears. There is no need to upgrade your fronts unless you've slammed it in which case you are shit out of luck. I've tried EVERY front end link for the 08 and went back to stock where there is NO noise. And no, they wont break. If you have proof, post the pictures.
Sorry to hear that. My 2 sets of front links broke only because of fitment issues so I don't think mine counts. However I really didn't care about the noise of the links, I think mine are pretty quiet. I cared more for the durability of metal and the smaller max link angle.
I don't like the Perrin rears at all. Hyme joints arent my thing. I am still waiting for a fully solid dogbone for the rears.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I with you on the front stock endlinks, no noise at all.

I have Perrin 25mm front and 22mm Rear with Rallitek endlinks and no noise. I have used Kartboys ( At that time they did not have the spacers out and I returned them b/c they were too pitched.) Perrin ( I did not like the fitment but I think Rallyshark said they just need some extra washers.) and Whiteline ( thye fit great but I can't get the bolt tight enough on the swaybar to stop the bolt moving up and down in the bar. It makes a clicking and thumping sound.) I went back to stock front endlinks.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I with you on the front stock endlinks, no noise at all.

I have Perrin 25mm front and 22mm Rear with Rallitek endlinks and no noise. I have used Kartboys ( At that time they did not have the spacers out and I returned them b/c they were too pitched.) Perrin ( I did not like the fitment but I think Rallyshark said they just need some extra washers.) and Whiteline ( thye fit great but I can't get the bolt tight enough on the swaybar to stop the bolt moving up and down in the bar. It makes a clicking and thumping sound.) I went back to stock front endlinks.
Yeah, the perrin front endlinks fit with a couple extra washers. I have a pic floating around the forums with the exact washer setup. I'll post it below though.

Some have voiced concerns about the bolts breaking and that sort of thing, but they've been on my car for at least a 3-4 months now, with aggressive driving and autocross (with sticky tires) and no troubles. Perhaps it might be a problem with a larger (25mm) bar, but it seems to be just fine with a 22mm on full stiff setting.

I've also had no crazy noises or other such annoyances.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am still waiting for a fully solid dogbone for the rears.
Have might want to try the Group A rear endlinks. Don't have any personal experience with them but they are solid.

I've got the Whitelines and am getting a little tired of putting my car on ramps every week to tighten them. Squeaks are one thing but when mine are loose enough to clunk and pop I feel as though this defeats the whole purpose of upgrading the links to a stiffer more responsive setup.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Have might want to try the Group A rear endlinks. Don't have any personal experience with them but they are solid.

I've got the Whitelines and am getting a little tired of putting my car on ramps every week to tighten them. Squeaks are one thing but when mine are loose enough to clunk and pop I feel as though this defeats the whole purpose of upgrading the links to a stiffer more responsive setup.

a little loc tite may go a long way for you... i used thread lock on my whiteline front endlinks and they are still solid as a church.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks, I applied the red loctite this past Tues and was surprised to hear the noises starting up a again but, I'm going to give it another check to make sure it's the loose nuts that I'm actually hearing now.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I don't mean to sound like an ass or anything but are you sure you have your whitelines in right. I put in my perrin front sway backwards thanks to their wonderfully specific directions and they began clunking BAD. I then reversed it and was like oh i'm a moron now this is working fine. No problems now. Just double check that your bar isn't backwards that might save you lots of time and money.

·
Registered
988 Posts

Whiteline

I would get some new bolts and lock washer nuts then try some loctite. They came with cheap a$$ bolts and nuts IMO.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts

Whiteline

I would get some new bolts and lock washer nuts then try some loct. They cam with cheap a$$ bolts and nuts IMO.
the whiteline front endlinks that i bought from rallitek came w/ left hand thread lock nuts for some reason... i had to go and find some right handed stainless nuts to make it work.

if i had my time back, i would have left the front sway bar stock ( there is only 1mm in the difference w/ the rallitek) and went w/ a 22 mm adjustable whiteline rear sway bar.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts