Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm pretty much sold on the look but I just wanted to see what everyone else has to say.

18 x 8.5 Rota SVN's - Matte Grey
Estimated 10-15mm drop from STi Pinks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very nice ;D Roll with the flow.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Looks sick! yeah that the kind of drop i have, the pinks would bit a bit higher.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, damn, I thought it was a pretty small drop already!

Once I find a decent lip I'll pick it up. The current offerings are kind of "blah".

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
the pinks are a good drop

I don't get people who lower subarus...

those rims would be slightly larger if they were 18"

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I don't want to go too low. I don't need a snow plow :D

You think they'd be larger? I mean, I wasn't being too scientific but I tried my best to gauge 1/2" to each side.

The true test will be when I actually get them. I'm going to compare the real thing vs. the chop haha

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think they look pretty much the exact right size. For whatever reason, wheels look about one size smaller on the 2008+ models than the previous generation.

The stock 17's look too small (IMO), more like 16's.
18's look about right, not too small, not too huge. Like 17's on the GD chassis.
19's look good, but too big. Like 18's on the GD chassis.

That's just my opinion though.

I think the car will look sharper with some tint.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Waiting on my buddy to get back to me with a quote on tint :D

This was the worst car to get when trying to save for a house...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would but my girlfriend would kill me!

Yeah, definitely one of my favorite Rota wheels :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She would for getting gold. I was surprised, she was even game for black with a red lip but she's just not buying the whole "gold" idea. Oh well, I like the matte gray anyways. I just wish I could find a good picture that shows the color of "hyper black".

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice! Are those stockers powdercoated gold?

I hear what you guys are saying and I know you're 100% correct. I think I'm using her opinion as reasoning to get away from the "boy-racer" look. I'm 28 and I've done the bronze wheels on a slammed Honda Civic. I'm going for a little more of a different look with this car.

·
Registered
646 Posts
svn's are sick, and so well priced to for the size. im definetly picking up a set in the fall sometime after i do a few other things..color matched white ;D

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Nice! Are those stockers powdercoated gold?

I hear what you guys are saying and I know you're 100% correct. I think I'm using her opinion as reasoning to get away from the "boy-racer" look. I'm 28 and I've done the bronze wheels on a slammed Honda Civic. I'm going for a little more of a different look with this car.
Im pretty sure he painted them him self.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
stripped to bare metal, primed, painted with duplicolor gold rattlecan, wetsanded, clearcoated with a real automotive paint gun (4 or 5 coats)

they look almost the same as subarus factory gold they use on rims, slightly more gold

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice work!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts