Subaru WRX Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
trubo said:
Where is the button on the back of the pedal? This is an annoying issue. The lights on are traction control off, hill assist, and ABS. CEL is not one of the lights. The lights do not flash, they are steady till you turn the car off. The lights dont turn on every time you drive it.
It is a very critical annoying issue, you can change your Lights, You have solution by changing Lights. I hope that you meet me soon as possible. ... :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
It is a very critical annoying issue, you can change your Lights, You have solution by changing Lights. I hope that you meet me soon as possible. ... :D
ASL?
Seriously, WTF? I feel like im 15 in an AOL chat room. HAHA

PS - my wheel is straight as an arrow, no pull on highway. I do have crossmember bushings and an sti tranny mount. odd thing is the light has been off for a month or two. Nothing changed on my end, its weird. KNOCK ON WOOD, I know I will drive home and the damn light will curse me now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can tell you guys it is the wheel angle sensor for sure. I couldn't tell you how much it cost to repair though since the dealership did it under warranty for me. I had them put in the steering wheel control on my base wrx and the same issue you guys are having happened to me. Although I do remember that if I pull the battery to reset it, it would work for a bit until I crank the steering wheel all the way to the left or all the way to the right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. I bought a 2009 Impreza that had the hill assist and traction control lights illuminated. I had done my research and thought it was the easy brake switch repair, but found out that wasn’t the problem after I purchased the vehicle. So...brought the car to a couple of places and was quoted as much as $1000 to repair (steering angle sensor, etc....) Looking through the paperwork l saw that the previous owner changed the steering rack and gave this info to a local auto electric mechanic. He repaired the vehicle for $90. He said he had to reset the steering angle sensor. He calibrated the hard right position, then the hard left position, then the center position. That was all. No parts...just recalibration. Hope this helps someone.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts